Who's your guy?

natureboy

Georgia Tech Fan
Gotta be Kenny Anderson Mr. New York himself. Probably, other than Dennis Scott and Mark Price the best player Tech has ever had. Big time playmaker at the point guard position. Hell, He made the Lethal Weapon 3 go. Really miss that team.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Daryl LaBarrie
2848019-darryl-labarrie-of-the-georgia-tech-yellow-gettyimages.jpg

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
If it wasn't for Price and Salley, a lot of these other guys might not be candidates, because they would not have come here. Cremins got lucky with those two under the radar guys, and that jump started everything else.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I've got too many to name a true favorite player, because I could name so many reasons to like any number of players (I'm looking at you Paco Diaw), but if push came to shove, I go with Will Bynum. His pure toughness during his time at GT was one of my favorite things to witness in over 20 years as a fan.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Gotta be Geigerween.

Luke Schenscher has a posse

Almost put them on my "other" list being next tstep down, but they would be on the next level down. Still Top 20%, but not in the higher levels.

My answer was based upon the premise to pick player(s) that I've seen play.
I'm too young to remember Yunkus and Kaiser. But based upon their stats/history they have to be in the TOP for those old enough to remember them.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I am going to go with Yvon Joseph. I know he was not the most fluid and skilled big man to ever play for the Jackets, but my reasons are many: You have to love his back story, coming to the USA from squalor in Haiti as a soccer goalie. We had some classes together (both M.E.s at TECH at the same time). He was, as we say in ME, "wicked smaaaht". The dude spoke 4 languages too. He was a physical freak in his day. He was a great compliment to Salley, Price , and Dalrymple. In a way, he reminds me of Gotsis in that he was new to this game and worked his butt off to make up for the lack of experience. Plus, and this is a big plus, he nailed both free throws (one spun around the rim seemingly forever) at the end of regulation with no time left, to send us to an eventual victory against UVA in triple OT at home (the best hoops game I have ever witnessed in my life. I stormed the court at the end and gave my 7 foot hero a huge sweaty hug in a massive wave of humanity). So, I pick YJ because of who he was and the memories he provided.

JacketGirl

Jolly Good Fellow
Lethal Weapon. I can remember watching them as a kid and telling my mom that when I grew up, if I had 3 boys, I was going to name them Kenny Anderson, Brian Oliver, and Dennis Scott. Lucky for me they all had last names that would work as middle names. Alas, I didn't have any boys, but it was a pretty good idea! My love of GT basketball started with that team.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I am going to go with Yvon Joseph. I know he was not the most fluid and skilled big man to ever play for the Jackets, but my reasons are many: You have to love his back story, coming to the USA from squalor in Haiti as a soccer goalie. We had some classes together (both M.E.s at TECH at the same time). He was, as we say in ME, "wicked smaaaht". The dude spoke 4 languages too. He was a physical freak in his day. He was a great compliment to Salley, Price , and Dalrymple. In a way, he reminds me of Gotsis in that he was new to this game and worked his butt off to make up for the lack of experience. Plus, and this is a big plus, he nailed both free throws (one spun around the rim seemingly forever) at the end of regulation with no time left, to send us to an eventual victory against UVA in triple OT at home (the best hoops game I have ever witnessed in my life. I stormed the court at the end and gave my 7 foot hero a huge sweaty hug in a massive wave of humanity). So, I pick YJ because of who he was and the memories he provided.

Nice guy, too. I once had to make it up the hill across those slick bricks in the rain on crutches. He actually stopped and asked how I was doing.

Chattjacket

Georgia Tech Fan
Difficult to choose just one. Considering I started at GT in 2002, most of my favorites are from that era going forward. I'd say Anthony McHenry is probably my favorite. His game was so well-rounded. But I could make an argument on a different day for about 5 or 6 of the guys on that team being my all time favorite.