Who's your guy?

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
I am going to go off the beaten path here because I have always admired kids who, when GT did not properly fund a sport and, I am sorry to say, went 2nd (or even 3rd ) class in the way we did things, that kid still gave his all.

I believe this youngster played for CBC first team, but not sure.

George Thomas - played his guts out.

Tom Hammonds. Couldn't stop that turn around baseline jumper. He was tough. I also liked Electric Eddie. He had some games. When he shut down Marcus Camby.

SecretAgentBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
Loved the way Matt Harpring could do everything on the floor and completely fill up the stat sheet. He's at the top. Loved the way Will Bynum played with reckless abandon and loved the joy of Clarence Moore's game (ultimate glue guy--we don't get to the championship game without him). Loved watching the shooting of BJ Elder, Marvin Lewis, Anthony Morrow, and Adam Smith. Loved the inside moves of Gani Lawal, Chris Bosh and Luke Schensher. Loved the interior defense of Alvin Jones. Loved the intelligent passing of Travis Best, Drew Barry, and Jarrett Jack. OK, I'll stop now.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Elder or MGH.

Elder if we're talking court play. He could hit the 3 or post at the elbow and hit the Jordan fadeaway.

MGH, if he was on a better team, would likely get more of these votes. In the 25+ years I've watched Syracuse and then GT religously, I don't think I've seen a non-post progress at the rate of MGH. He worked his *** off. He also has more character than I do and stayed classy and believably glass half full in a tough situation. On both an athletic and personal level, I don't think I've ever respected another basketball player as much.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I don't think I could pick one.
My top 2 are Mark Price and Dennis Scott.

After that the list gets long very quick.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I wonder why no one has mentioned Dennis Scott. My God, what a player.

Not saying they are the best, but hear are my favorite 5 :

Tom Hammonds
Mark Price
Marcus Georges-Hunt
Kenny Anderson
Roger Kaiser

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I don't think I could pick one.
My top 2 are Mark Price and Dennis Scott.

After that the list gets long very quick.
I agree. Add Kenny Anderson to those and there are the best players we have had. The Anderson shot in the tournament is still one really great moment. Along the the Scott buzzer beater against UNC.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Started when I was kid -Rich Yunkus, softest, prettiest shot for a big man I ever saw. You would suddenly realize he had scored 40 points and he didn't do anything flashy.

A second player from my youth was Sammy Drummer. He was the first Tech player I ever saw who consistently played above the rim and who always got his points even though playing on a team with very little talent.

Certainly all the players already mentioned solidified my interest in Tech basketball.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
KA is my favorite but he's already taken.

I'll go with James Forrest.

Seems to always get forgotten but was a great player for us.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Let me weigh in a bit further. Yes, KA was my choice but there are SO many names that belong on this list. From Price/Salley forward I saw some of the best B Ball ever played in this state and relish all the superb players that have come through the program in the last 30 or so years. I'm not quite old enough to remember the Yunkus or Kaiser eras but heard tremendous things about both!