Who's your guy?

grandpa jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Thanks to our recent great play a lot of people saying MGH is their favorite GT player.

Wondering who's everyone boy is and why.

Steph brought me in.

BJ Elder made me a super fan. Let's drop the uncertainty of our future for a second and talk great players.
Thanks to our recent great play a lot of people saying MGH is their favorite GT player.

Wondering who's everyone boy is and why.

Steph brought me in.

BJ Elder made me a super fan. Let's drop the uncertainty of our future for a second and talk great players.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
While I cannot argue with any of these, my own personal favorite was Mario West. Rio was unheralded, the epitome of work ethic to maximize his skills, and contributed whenever and wherever he could. Plus, he was from the town I lived in at the time (Douglasville) went to the high school my step-daughter attended and his Mom had a dance studio there right next to my haircut place. Too many local connections not to root for that kid like mad!

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Lethal Weapon 3 made me fall in love with GT basketball. James Forrest was my guy after I fell in love with sports overall. JF came at the time when a win/loss meant life/death for a young sports fan. His ACC tournament run is still one of my favorite memories.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Wow this one is hard.. I guess I really want to default and say the 2004 Finals team, but if I had to pick one? There was something about the way Will Bynum would not be denied the rim that I loved; I guess I would go with him. Jarrett Jack and Ish would have to be right behind him though. And Clarence Moore would be close too.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Gotta be BJ Elder or Will Bynum. I was in school during that madness and it was a lot of fun. Bynum against Chris Paul at AMC is the best basketball game I've ever seen.

bob4gt

Jolly Good Fellow
Have to go with Yunkus still all-time leading scorer in 3 years (freshmen not eligible) and for a skinny kid was a great rebounder. He used to embarrass Dave Cowens at FSU, who was the Celtics center for many years. If they had had the 3 point shot then ....
My second favorite is the Kentucky nemesis, R. D. Craddock. There have been many (all the ones previously listed and more) that deserve to be favorites over the years.

Bob

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Have to go with Price as #1 for me.
he was 1 year behind me in school, then of all things found out that my dad and his dad knew each other back in their high school days in Norman, OK.

With that said, there are several would make the Top "X" cut -
Salley
Forrest
Harpring
Anderson
Scott
Jack
Hammonds

Next level
Joseph
Neal
Oliver (late 80's version :) )