Who's going to South Bend?

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
What are some good places to grab lunch before the game around South Bend? Anything worth doing in the area outside of checking out the cathedral, taking a picture with TD Jesus in the background, and walking around campus?

Flying into Chicago Thursday with the girlfriend and probably doing the city thing the first two days and driving down on game day.
The dorms all set up outdoor kitchens on the quads and grill/smoke meat and sell lunch plates. It's pretty good stuff.

There's a good website that details all the game day events and festivities.

http://gameday.nd.edu/events/calendar/2015-georgia-tech/

It's actually friday and saturday events so be sure you're on the right page.
On friday from 10 - 5, the public is invited to walk the stadium tunnel, the same tunnel the players walk out onto the field.

10:00 AMends: 5:00 PM
Stadium Tunnel Tour
  • North Tunnel of Notre Dame Stadium
  • Close

tunnel_tour.jpg

Since 1931, every Notre Dame football team has walked down the same tunnel, to the same field before every home football game. Every Irish fan has the opportunity to walk the same fabled walk every Irish player has taken for the past 81 years. Come experience the North Tunnel of Notre Dame Stadium, take pictures with the field in the background, and feel the echoes waiting to be awoke. Free and open to the public.

The Notre Dame Stadium tunnel tour will be open from 10:00am until 5:00pm, except during team walk-throughs.

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck
Staying at The Hotel Felix in River North on West Huron. We are flying into O'Hare, does anyone know if the Red Line rail takes you into River North? if so would that be east/west ? Need info.We have tickets for a charter leaving from the Racine Bar & Grill on Sat. a.m. Are any other swarmers going to be on that charter?

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Staying at The Hotel Felix in River North on West Huron. We are flying into O'Hare, does anyone know if the Red Line rail takes you into River North? if so would that be east/west ? Need info.We have tickets for a charter leaving from the Racine Bar & Grill on Sat. a.m. Are any other swarmers going to be on that charter?
Where did you get the tickets for the charter? And what time does it leave?

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck
wreck47, an event company called .. eventbrite.com is arranging the charter leaving The Racine Bar & Grill 2642 N. Lincoln Ave. Chicago around 8:00 a.m. There are 2 busses I believe , includes drinks at the bar, beer on board, tailgate food at the game, plus return trip $125.00 per. May have seats available, don't know. We used these folks in 2007, worked out well. Contact eventbrite.com.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
I have a question. What does everyone's tickets look like? I see there is a lot of counterfeit tickets out there for ND games and I had to purchase mine through another party. "eBay". Just curious if looks like this.
image.jpg

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I have a question. What does everyone's tickets look like? I see there is a lot of counterfeit tickets out there for ND games and I had to purchase mine through another party. "eBay". Just curious if looks like this. View attachment 1183

With the clarity of the bar code, your ticket looks just like mine. Know what I'm saying?

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I have a question. What does everyone's tickets look like? I see there is a lot of counterfeit tickets out there for ND games and I had to purchase mine through another party. "eBay". Just curious if looks like this. View attachment 1183
Is that like a cardboardpaper material? Mine looks just like that except the hole at the top for a necklace. Mine is just like GT tickets is anyone else have one like mine?

Yours looks like it has some kind of hole cut in the top of the ticket, which mine (bought through Tech) does not have. Other than that it looks exactly like mine

IEEEWreck

Ramblin' Wreck
I'll be in 117. Bringing my in laws, my wife's sister and her husband (who live in Evanston and work at Northwestern) and my mom, who enthusiastically subbed in for my wife, who will be at a bachelorette party.

If you hear a good word in 117, chances are good its me.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
The lady I spoke with also said that a lot of ticket holders have claimed tickets to be stolen and had them re issued and sold the old tickets through online sites as well. Some sketchy $hit.

Architorture23

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm staying at Felix, as well.

Blue Line runs from O'hare into downtown, Clark/Lake station. To get on the red line you'd have to walk to Lake station, I think (unless they are connected. Red runs N/S but goes to Grand/State or Chicago (red) stations, both in River North area. However, both stations are still about 5 blocks from the hotel. I am planning on just walking the 9 blocks straight from Clark/Lake.

good subway map: http://siteselector.worldbusinesschicago.com/files/data/CTA Map_0.png

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck
I'm staying at Felix, as well.

Blue Line runs from O'hare into downtown, Clark/Lake station. To get on the red line you'd have to walk to Lake station, I think (unless they are connected. Red runs N/S but goes to Grand/State or Chicago (red) stations, both in River North area. However, both stations are still about 5 blocks from the hotel. I am planning on just walking the 9 blocks straight from Clark/Lake.

good subway map: http://siteselector.worldbusinesschicago.com/files/data/CTA Map_0.png
Thanks Architorture, the CTA map is what we needed! Maybe we run into each other at the Felix.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
It's for a necklace I think. It's more of a plastic laminate and not cardboard.
Ok, I just called the ND ticket office and they said that the ones that are laminated with the necklace hole are season ticket holders tickets, but they also have the paper tickets for others, and they can't tell if it's fake until they scan it.