Who's going to South Bend?

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I am blowing off Friday (it is great working for yourself.....sometimes) to prep food, pack the van etc. Looking forward to a day of tailgating, a few cocktails with other swarm posters, and a Jackets victory. The tent canopy hopefully will kept me dry til the rain blows through.
It really is great working for yourself, so much freedom.

scubacat

Georgia Tech Fan
I get to work out of my basement in the Chicago burbs when everyone else is at the office in Duluth, GA. Plus I get to visit Atlanta every few months on an expense account which is nice as well as I do miss Atlanta.

On another note, nobody I know around here could go but I decided last night I wanted to go anyway, so I bought a last minute ticket on stubhub and am driving myself for a day trip. This should be interesting. I've enjoyed reading about everyone's plans. I'm going to try and get there before noon and walk around campus for a few hours before the game. Looking forward to it!

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Got in early this morning, and after getting cleaned up, the wife and I eat Giordanos pizza, and it is phenomenal pizza so if you haven't eat it before try and make it by there.

DrJacket

Helluva Engineer
We will travel for food. We saw Pequod's pizza on tv the other day. So, off we went as soon as we landed in Chicago. 2 trains, a walk, a bus and another walk later-- we were there. It was good, hole-in-the-wall local deep-dish.

We caught Paul's ESPN interview while at lunch there. But, couldn't hear it very well. So, kudos to AE87 for posting the portion of it he could get. 10,000+ steps later, we are resting at the hotel.

scubacat

Georgia Tech Fan
Got in early this morning, and after getting cleaned up, the wife and I eat Giordanos pizza, and it is phenomenal pizza so if you haven't eat it before try and make it by there.

...Only by Atlanta standards. Try Ginos, Connies, or Nancys instead. If you ever get to west suburbs try "nonnies" (amazing, literally).

Avoid Rosatis or Pizanos. Regional chain tasteless grease pits.