Who's going to South Bend?

3 other grads and I have done a yearly golf trip pretty much since '90. Cubs game Friday. Kohler sun and mon. Can't wait!

For those who have done this before, maps app says 1.5 hr drive from chi to nd. What should we expect with game day traffic? 2.5? Any tailgating/parking/campus must see advice?
For parking, check the following link. I bought a pass for the White Lot, as did some Tech friends of mine in Cincy. We hope to tailgate there before the game.

http://ev12.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncom...text=&pc=&caller=&appCode=&groupCode=FBP&cgc=

NorthGeorgiaJacket

Georgia Tech Fan
By White Lot do you mean White Field? I think that is where my dad and I will end up. We don't have the man power (he's 78 and showing his age) to set up tailgate, but would love to join in with some others.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Looking for info anyone has on reasonable places to stay in / around Chicago. Suggestions much appreciated. Reasonable being somewhere in the ballpark of $150 a night. Most groupons I've come across have much higher rates during 09/17-09/19

Looking for info anyone has on reasonable places to stay in / around Chicago. Suggestions much appreciated. Reasonable being somewhere in the ballpark of $150 a night. Most groupons I've come across have much higher rates during 09/17-09/19
I'm flying into Midway and staying at the Marriott Courtyard in Midway Hotel Center.....costs somewhere around 150 a night.

GT1992

Jolly Good Fellow

You can stay at the Hyatt Place near O'Hare for $94 per night.

Lurkerjack

Georgia Tech Fan

DrJacket

Helluva Engineer
I wasn't planning on going, but guess what? My old college roommate (who now lives in Milwaukee) called me and said he has two tix. I'll be flying into Chicago and driving down with him. Wohoo!
This is great! We are on the same plan, and look forward to making a day out of it. Actually, a weekend.

lastoption

Georgia Tech Fan
Just got tickets. Thanks for the tip on the parking. We will be in white lot as well. My daughter will be with me wearing the JeT #5 jersey.