Who's going to South Bend?

gtjackets930

Jolly Good Fellow
Well... If anyone has 2 tickets they want to sell I may be interested. I paid around $200 a ticket but will put them on Craigslist or something if anyone has some cheaper.

I have 4, but they're just singles and aren't together. Willing to sell much cheaper than $200, so PM me if interested

Lurkerjack

Georgia Tech Fan
3 other grads and I have done a yearly golf trip pretty much since '90. Cubs game Friday. Kohler sun and mon. Can't wait!

For those who have done this before, maps app says 1.5 hr drive from chi to nd. What should we expect with game day traffic? 2.5? Any tailgating/parking/campus must see advice?

Animal02

Banned
3 other grads and I have done a yearly golf trip pretty much since '90. Cubs game Friday. Kohler sun and mon. Can't wait!

For those who have done this before, maps app says 1.5 hr drive from chi to nd. What should we expect with game day traffic? 2.5? Any tailgating/parking/campus must see advice?

It depends on what time you get there ;) The "White Lot" is easy access from the interstate. There are other scattered lots around that are a bit closer. I would definitely recommend if this is your first time, to wrap up tailgating early and walk around the campus a bit. Many of the dorms sell food and it is a really nice game day experience. The campus is beautiful and the ND fans have been very friendly the two times I have been there.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Me and my bro are driving out from Chicago for the game, haven't bought game tickets yet though. He's gone to a couple ND games in past years (he's a USC fan) and is kind of surprised at how high the tickets are for this year. He keeps telling me to hold off on buying them because they always drop. I'm getting a little antsy myself, though, and might end up biting the bullet and getting them now.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Will be there with SWMBO. :)
Seats are where ever the GTAA allotment is.
Pre-purchased parking on line at the Boy Scout facility parking. We'll be coming up from the South and should make getting there in time to check out the sites on campus.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
My wife and I went last time we played them in South Bend, Tashard Choice was on the cover of the Chicago Tribune's Sunday Sports page the next day ... 33-3 sweeeeet !!!

I remember the road trip back to Chicago after the game was a traffic jam.

Buzz4President

Georgia Tech Fan
DH and I will be flying to Chicago Friday morning. We plan to spend the day and evening in Chicago with my sister and brother-in-law, who will drive down from Milwaukee, and then head to our hotel which is halfway to South Bend. We used Hilton points for a Hampton Inn in Portage, Indiana. We plan to tailgate in the White Lot and also walk around the campus taking in the sights. Our tickets are through the GTAA. We cannot wait for this trip!

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Original plan of going up with one other has changed to going up with two others now. So I may be forced to buy 3 tix together and sell the 2 I got from GT.......

CaptDeej

Georgia Tech Fan
I'm in. Hopefully have a group of 8 once it's all said and done. Hitting up Cedar Point on they way out... Two pilgrimages in the same weekend.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Appetite whetter for those going:

11.5.13-Jesus-Statue-Fall-Scenicblog.jpg

video-fpo.jpg

11.3.12_nd_band_irish.jpg

dmurdock

Jolly Good Fellow
I won't be able to make the game, so if anyone is interested in my two tickets from the GTAA @ cost ($85*2+$10=$180), PM me.

I went back in 2007 with my father. We drove out of Atl early Friday am. The drive was around 12 hours but we did get off the interstate in Indiana just see the small towns in the heartland of the country. We were blown away by the campus up there. Not much to the city of south bend but overall a nice place.