Who you got? Parker Braun or Shaq Mason?

jayparr

Helluva Engineer
Trey, thank you for your blood, sweat, and tears for the Institute! You and your family are special Tech folks and it’s a joy watching Parker just like it was watching you!
*********Now just send us the little brother, yes all 315 lbs. By the way I believe he just may be the highest rated recruit to sign with us for how many years y'all?

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer
Ok yes, the three year NFL veteran is AT THIS MOMENT better than Parker. I’m assuming the question was a comparison between Parker’s Junior Year and Shaq’s Junior year.

The answer?... Will Jackson
Will Jackson is the undisputed goat. To Hell With Shaq and the Brauns. (Obviously TIC) (The THW Braun’s and Shaq, my Will Jackson remark holds water)

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
OH FFS! Played on one of the top OL in GT history. Orange Bowl Champ. Beat UGA...Beat FSU...grad with MBA and BSME...a huge reason Parker is even at GT but yeah he jumped off sides...
Lol sorry if I struck a nerve for the bad joke. Honestly, I could care less about him being the reason Parker is at GT (although I'm glad he is). Trey was a really damn good lineman for is. Sure I got frustrated couple times for some false starts that seemingly ended drives but he more than made up for it overall. I always strike out on 80% of my jokes just for the 20% that I may be funny on so this one must fall in that 80% category.

jeffgt14

So you don’t know or care to look but you just want me to feel bad about myself.

Got it.
The numbers may not actually be that bad. I just remember cursing at my TV a lot when we were in the red zone. For all I know it was an average amount. Don't get hung up on it, you killed some folks on a regular basis

jeffgt14

Another way to put it... We were always frustrated with some of the plays Chris Milton gave up as a DB but he was one hell of a underrated CB. Sure DJ shut down the boundary but not many corners could play the field as well as Milton could. He was placed on an island every play while DJ got all the credit for being a shut down corner.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
So you don’t know or care to look but you just want me to feel bad about myself.

Got it.

You really need to let it sink in that the vast majority of our fans don’t know **** about football. They are typically pretty damn proficient with math...and thus think every problem has a solution if one just thinks hard enough to find it.

However.....most have never been in a real fight or played much real football....so they have little experience with regards to physical matchups where technique matters a lot...but so does physical ability. I could go on about the complexity of playing assignments in coordination with line mates etc but there’s little reason to. People either get it or they don’t and no forum post will ever change that.

I for one thank you for your great play; I have some great Tech football memories thanks to you and your teammates. You were hell on wheels in the trenches and I sometimes felt a little bad for the guys you trucked at the second level...well not really but I probably should have.

As for your little brother, I’d probably choose Florida if I were in his shoes. I’ll definitely catch as many of his games as possible wherever he goes. Watching Brauns maul people has become a fall tradition for me now.

jeffgt14

I'm not sure what you're wanting me to say. If you want me to acknowledge you never made any mistakes then sure I can pull off that BS. I'd like to think I'm giving you a good amount of credit for our success in 2014. That doesn't mean you weren't without mistakes as well. Shaq is a damn all pro NFL offensive linemen. He was the anchor of our line so living up to his hype isn't necessarily realistic. I'd take a Trey Braun on our line every day of the week but I'm not going to hide my frustrations that c came with it. Again, the false start **** was just a joke. I'd take that over the complete missed blocks we've sent the past few years.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
The numbers may not actually be that bad. I just remember cursing at my TV a lot when we were in the red zone. For all I know it was an average amount. Don't get hung up on it, you killed some folks on a regular basis

You had me at “it was just a bad joke”
I'm not sure what you're wanting me to say. If you want me to acknowledge you never made any mistakes then sure I can pull off that BS. I'd like to think I'm giving you a good amount of credit for our success in 2014. That doesn't mean you weren't without mistakes as well. Shaq is a damn all pro NFL offensive linemen. He was the anchor of our line so living up to his hype isn't necessarily realistic. I'd take a Trey Braun on our line every day of the week but I'm not going to hide my frustrations that c came with it. Again, the false start **** was just a joke. I'd take that over the complete missed blocks we've sent the past few years.

Well you could have just left it as “it was a bad joke” but your diarrhea of the mouth / keyboard doesn’t seem likely to slow down much.

PTCjacket

Banned
You folks need a trip down memory lane to the late 90s. The OLs that OLeary put together were stout across the board filled with All Americans and All ACC players that could pass block and run block.

T_Braun78

GT Athlete

I’d like you to say “I’m purposely obtuse when called out for my superior attitude in order to play the victim”

Or that Trey Braun never made any mistakes, either one works for me.