Votes: 8 18.2%
  • CU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • PITT

Votes: 27 61.4%

• Total voters

BleedingGold

Jolly Good Fellow
Pittsburgh started 14-1 (3-0) and before yesterday's win, finished 6-9 (6-9). They've taken care of the average to bad teams, but before their win against Duke less than two weeks ago, their only decent win before that was against Notre Dame back on January 9. Worse losses were against NC State (117) and Clemson (122), so not too terrible. Pretty poor non-conference schedule as well.

They'll probably get in because they have 21 wins, but I think it'd be a shame if they did. Really not an impressive team. Don't see them making it out of the first or second round. I'd honestly rather see VT, who is playing good ball right now get in over Pitt.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer

Everyone assumes PiTt is in. Pitt losing means they done have another marquee win. If we beat UVA and keep playing we can steal some of their shine when people talk about that last ACC at large. When people bring up Pitt, they may be forced to say "we'll compare them to GT"

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
BPI is not used by the committee so keep that in mind.
In terms of RPI, the lowest RPI at large was #74. 50's to about low 60's tend to be very bubbly.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Pitt lost to UNC, but I think they're in. Unless losing to a possible #1 seed drops the bottom out of their RPI.

I wasn't suggesting that as much as the "hey they aren't playing anymore and we still are" if we happen to beat Vigrinia.

Committee is a whole lot of what have you done for me lately

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
Win 2 more and I feel we should be in. Anything short of that is going to be iffy. It's a shame bc if we played all season like we have of recently, then we would be in for sure.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Michigan and FL are currently in tight games that would help them immensely to get on the right side of the bubble.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Bottom line - "No season comes down to one play. The last play of a game might be the one you remember, but it was preceded by dozens of plays that had the same impact."