Who are Woody's Top candidates for D line coach?

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer
I would presume that we should be looking for guys with ties to Woody more as CPJ said in his presser that he wouldn't hire someone to be the cook and not allow them to buy the groceries (rough paraphrase). If this is true shouldn't we be primarily basing our guesses around who Woody would like to have at that critical position? Just my 2 cents. I would also like to know who it is by the way sooner rather than later.

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer
Or if you want to poach a QB already committed to Washington then none other than Colson Yankoff with a dual threat rating of #4 might work out on offense or defense if he needs to change positions in college if QB doesn't fit well with his skill set.
https://247sports.com/Player/Colson-Yankoff-78284

Imagine a player with last name Yankoff in Johnson's offense or Woody's defense the student section signs would be better than "hot rod" at UGA!

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Woody cant pick guy named Hancock, weiner, Biggs, etc.

Neighbors last name was Butt . Dr Butt named kids Bonnie , Dougie and rdd head son Arthur, "but" they were bullied by we 8 year old kids with modified names with Bunny Butt, Doggie Butt, and Rusty Butt. People all have a little 8 year old humor in them . SEE ABOVE.

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer
It looks like App State was determined not to lose anymore of their staff to GT. The main two guys Woody may have brought with him recently received promotions and title changes. They just gave Ivey the tittle Assistant Head Coach and defensive line coach and it was announced previously that Brown was named Defensive Coordinator. The HC must have known or was told by Ivey and Brown that they were considered for positions at GT with Woody and leveraged it for pay raises and promotions or the school offered it as leverage to retain them on staff.
The question I have with the title Assistant Head Coach and coaching a position group like defensive line does the Defensive coordinator and co-coordinator get to "grade" you on your performance when you really out rank them with your title "Assistant head coach"? I just think that sharing roles as "Assistant Head Coach or Co-....." anything can be a slippery slope and cause friction amongst the staff as far as rank and order. This could become especially true if you have a dominating personality at a lower position. Thoughts?

Having said that who are our targets?

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Wofford defensive coordinator Shiel Wood, Spartanburg High grad and former Terriers player, headed to Georgia Tech as safeties coach under DC Nate Woody. Jerome Riase has interviewed as defensive line coach at Tech. Greg Gasparato already gone to App State. Dominoes are falling.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Woody cant pick guy named Hancock, weiner, Biggs, etc.

Neighbors last name was Butt . Dr Butt named kids Bonnie , Dougie and rdd head son Arthur, "but" they were bullied by we 8 year old kids with modified names with Bunny Butt, Doggie Butt, and Rusty Butt. People all have a little 8 year old humor in them . SEE ABOVE.

How about Coach Long or Coach Steele?

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Wofford defensive coordinator Shiel Wood, Spartanburg High grad and former Terriers player, headed to Georgia Tech as safeties coach under DC Nate Woody. Jerome Riase has interviewed as defensive line coach at Tech. Greg Gasparato already gone to App State. Dominoes are falling.

Our D staff will have more wood in it than the average forest.