Who are Woody's Top candidates for D line coach?

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer
Who does Woody have strong enough connections and confidence in to entrust with the defensive line coach now that he has been named Defensive Coordinator at GT? The following is a list (far from perfect or complete). In no particular order:
1. Jerome Riase - Wofford D line coach
2. Mark Ivey - App. State D line coach
3. Bryan Brown- App. State
4. Corey Bell- UCF Conerbacks coach

I really have no idea on who is the best coach. All of these coaches are at smaller schools but that doesn't/shouldn't determine the quality of production they are able to get from their players. I know that Woody has strong ties with Wofford and App State (obviously) and both of these schools are in the midst of transition in coaching especially at Wofford with new HC. THe others I don't have any information on.
Heck for all I know CNW has already offered his "guy" the job and it is now "in process" of approval by HR. I know that time is of essence due to the recruiting dead period ending and just to get everyone hired and settled in at GT prior to Signing Day and planning for Spring practice.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Smart move for App. St. he is an up and coming coach they had to keep.
Probably why Speed is still at GT.

slugboy

Staff member
Right now, I'm a little disappointed that our first choice isn't on board yet. I'm hoping that they pull someone good at the coaching convention.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Right now, I'm a little disappointed that our first choice isn't on board yet. I'm hoping that they pull someone good at the coaching convention.
What stinks is we need things settled to round out this class. Let's hope we get the staff nailed down pronto!