White Helmet Change?

Milwaukee

Banned
Gold helmets, white shirts, gold pants. That is the Georgia Tech uniform. Everything else is silly self indulgence by people that have no sense of uniformity.

Go Jackets!

Disagree.

Gold hats, gold jerseys, white pants. The Gailey era unis were the best looking unis of our entire football history. On the road we did the gold white gold which is awesome in it's own right. Everything was perfect visually, but people let the results blind them from that. And that's understandable.

Our unis should be as follows, this is not up for debate:

Dear Adidas:

Please just go back to our 2006 uniform combo but replace the R with your Adidas logo and sprinkle in the 1 new combo for 2019:

1 - *home* Gold helmets with gold jerseys with dark blue numbers and white pants at home
View attachment 5243
2- *away* Gold helmets with white jerseys with dark blue numbers and gold pants on the road
View attachment 5244
View attachment 5247
3 - *Throwback* white helmet with ugly mustard tops with white pants for 1 game
View attachment 5245
4 - Now also sprinkle in this new 2019 white helmet without the stinger with white jerseys with gold numbers and gold pants for 1 game
View attachment 5246
5 - Gold helmet with blue jersey with WHITE numbers with white pants for any postseason games
View attachment 5248

If you don't love every one of these then I don't want to know you. End of thread.

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
Most schools keep their uniform changes secret so they can have a public “unveiling” to maximize press coverage during a slower time. We aren’t going to see the uniforms on the field for another 6 months (ok, maybe in spring game), why do we need to know what they’re planning to do right now? Patience, my good man.
The last time we did a uniform unveil, it was done in a private setting and frankly last year's uniforms were unremarkable.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
I agree. It's kind of a unique tradition but we really should not be allowing rivals, especially uga, to wear their colors on our field.

IMO heres our ideal jersey schedule:

Home, day game: gold helmet/gold jerseys/white pants
Home, night game: gold helmet/blue jerseys/gold pants
Home, whiteout (once per year): all white

Road, conference game: all white
Road, non conference game: gold helmet/white jersey/gold pants

I think we maximize our branding this way.
- Most of our home games are during the day, so gold at home will be the "norm" and is better looking than blue in the sun.
- Night games are more rare, as should the blue jerseys be, and the blue looks really good at night.
- When we go on the road against teams we don't see every year in cities we don't play in every year, (aka road non conference) we wear our classic g/w/g combo to represent our known brand.
- All white on the road vs conference teams who see us every other year at home makes sense, plus it just looks sharp and offers a good contrast to anyone who is trying to have a black out, orange out, etc.
- No more opposing teams wearing their home jerseys on our field. Most teams colors (red, orange, maroon) drown out the gold in the stands even when there are more people wearing gold. Might as well not make it look like a home game for the road team on the field too.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

G / G / W? Ok by me IF the Gold hat and Gold shirt match. IF.

Would rather see W / G / W.

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer

Looks like they're having a lot of fun with the helmets. Also, sounds like a party.

*Edit They apparently have to earn the stripes

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer
Who cares? We could literally wear any color scheme on Earth, but if we’re winning it doesn’t matter. If we look good and lose, then what’s the point?

OlaJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Disagree.

Gold hats, gold jerseys, white pants. The Gailey era unis were the best looking unis of our entire football history. On the road we did the gold white gold which is awesome in it's own right. Everything was perfect visually, but people let the results blind them from that. And that's understandable.

Our unis should be as follows, this is not up for debate:
I am with you on the '06 unis. Loved them. Even the blue jerseys and white pants in the ACCCG were tight. I really want Adidas to go back to our old Dodd era THREE STRIPE sleeve with the numbers on the freaking shoulder pads where they belong! Hopefully CGC will have input in the design. I trust his judgement.