White Helmet Change?

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Recruits that have been visiting have been wearing this white helmet. I personally think it looks a lot better than with that spike running down the middle. Thoughts?

Thr Gold in these pants is still just not quite correct. To dull or something. I dunno.

Adadu

Helluva Engineer
Looks like the spike is still on display on the white helmet in the main lobby. Might have been wishful thinking on my part...

Southpawmac

Helluva Engineer
We might have a stingerless version for white out.

I think the change might happen. Earlier this year the recruits that were on OVs were wearing the stinger white helmet. The stingerless white could be something Collins likes more and its just not official so they won’t put it on display yet. We know that Collins had a very large part in Temple’s uniform design, so I don’t think it’s by accident that these kids are getting the stingerless white for photo ops.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Yup. Gray face masks just like we wore in the 60s-early 70s. I think our gold helmets would be better with white face masks. Gold face masks on the white helmet would be pretty Fire too.

View attachment 5196

Honestly, there are a million opinions on uniforms on Tech sites but to me the "Calvin" look is classic and screams "The Institute" but to each his own.

Adadu

Helluva Engineer
I think the change might happen. Earlier this year the recruits that were on OVs were wearing the stinger white helmet. The stingerless white could be something Collins likes more and its just not official so they won’t put it on display yet. We know that Collins had a very large part in Temple’s uniform design, so I don’t think it’s by accident that these kids are getting the stingerless white for photo ops.
Agree with all your points

vadimivich

Georgia Tech Fan
Yup. Gray face masks just like we wore in the 60s-early 70s. I think our gold helmets would be better with white face masks. Gold face masks on the white helmet would be pretty Fire too.

View attachment 5196

That uniform is so beloved I cannot believe we don't bring it out regularly since then (or just use it fulltime). I'm not sure there's ever been a uniform we have worn that has even close to the approval rating that one does. Literally everyone loved it.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
That uniform is so beloved I cannot believe we don't bring it out regularly since then (or just use it fulltime). I'm not sure there's ever been a uniform we have worn that has even close to the approval rating that one does. Literally everyone loved it.

That’s why we’ll never see them again. Its easier to raise funds when people are unhappy. More to sell ...

Milwaukee

Banned
I hope this sticks, the helmet looks sick without the stinger. I love this combo.
IMG_20190222_160632.jpg