White Helmet Change?

Jacket05

Ramblin' Wreck
I’m with ya. This is the best look we’ve had yet. Only minor tweak is make is the GT on the upper thigh. Make it white with blue.
That GT on the pants has always bothered me. With all the branding updates they did one of the focuses was limiting the GT logo color options and Navy is not one of them. It should have been white with a navy blue trim to give it contrast from the gold.

https://www.news.gatech.edu/2018/04/23/georgia-tech-athletics-unveils-comprehensive-brand-refinement

Going forward, the GT logo will always be predominantly one of athletics’ official primary colors – gold or white
(I promise I am not trying to turn this into ANOTHER color thread!)

gt13

Ramblin' Wreck
I love it. I want use to go all white against Clemson but use the white jerseys with Gold Numbers.

I have a feeling we will be all white for that game, but that it'll be a special uniform by Adidas specifically for that game.

Personally I'm hoping for something that looks like what you described though. All white with primarily gold accents and numbers will look really clean. I wouldn't be opposed to shiny gold finishes either.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
That GT on the pants has always bothered me. With all the branding updates they did one of the focuses was limiting the GT logo color options and Navy is not one of them. It should have been white with a navy blue trim to give it contrast from the gold.

https://www.news.gatech.edu/2018/04/23/georgia-tech-athletics-unveils-comprehensive-brand-refinement

(I promise I am not trying to turn this into ANOTHER color thread!)

LOL, someone needs to tell whoever put the presser out that the "Full Brand Refinement Website" link takes us to Brandon Adams signing day page.

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
Been in contact with someone in the equipment department. Let's just say we're all in for a nice surprise!

giphy.gif

gt13

Ramblin' Wreck
I just want to be done with wearing white jerseys at home. I know that it is sort of a tradition but the players don't like it and it gets annoying seeing other teams come into our house with their home uniforms on.
I agree. It's kind of a unique tradition but we really should not be allowing rivals, especially uga, to wear their colors on our field.

IMO heres our ideal jersey schedule:

Home, day game: gold helmet/gold jerseys/white pants
Home, night game: gold helmet/blue jerseys/gold pants
Home, whiteout (once per year): all white

Road, conference game: all white
Road, non conference game: gold helmet/white jersey/gold pants

I think we maximize our branding this way.
- Most of our home games are during the day, so gold at home will be the "norm" and is better looking than blue in the sun.
- Night games are more rare, as should the blue jerseys be, and the blue looks really good at night.
- When we go on the road against teams we don't see every year in cities we don't play in every year, (aka road non conference) we wear our classic g/w/g combo to represent our known brand.
- All white on the road vs conference teams who see us every other year at home makes sense, plus it just looks sharp and offers a good contrast to anyone who is trying to have a black out, orange out, etc.
- No more opposing teams wearing their home jerseys on our field. Most teams colors (red, orange, maroon) drown out the gold in the stands even when there are more people wearing gold. Might as well not make it look like a home game for the road team on the field too.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Joeb21

Jolly Good Fellow
I would be very surprised if we are still wearing white for home games under Coach Collins. He knows that uniforms are a big deal to modern recruits and will try to capitalize on that by having several different cool combinations.