White Helmet Change?

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
Think of all the former players we have on staff, and think of how many wore the same uniforms. None.
Marco - Blue Jerseys
Tashard / Nate - Gold Jerseys
Brent - White Jerseys
I feel Tech is going to wear a ton of uniroms in all types of colors just like Temple did last year. We have a lot of proud traditions but a consistent uniform just isn’t one of them. Let’s mix it up.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Why does GT keep uniform related info top secret?

Most schools keep their uniform changes secret so they can have a public “unveiling” to maximize press coverage during a slower time. We aren’t going to see the uniforms on the field for another 6 months (ok, maybe in spring game), why do we need to know what they’re planning to do right now? Patience, my good man.

flea77

Ramblin' Wreck
How many times has Alabama changed ? UGA ? when they did it was awful. Tradition has meaning. Auburn? Just roll out the GOLD helmet. Get a TRADITIONAL look. GT is Gold hats. Go with traditional uniforms. If you think you need to be " one of those teams " who have to change uniforms, then your not in the same league with the teams that expect to be there every year. Tradition matters .

Last edited:

Milwaukee

Banned
Think of all the former players we have on staff, and think of how many wore the same uniforms. None.
Marco - Blue Jerseys
Tashard / Nate - Gold Jerseys
Brent - White Jerseys
I feel Tech is going to wear a ton of uniroms in all types of colors just like Temple did last year. We have a lot of proud traditions but a consistent uniform just isn’t one of them. Let’s mix it up.

If we break out black or grey unis I'm driving down and kicking in the door to Geoff's office, to hell with a strongly worded letter. Kidding of course, but please God don't do that to me.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
If we break out black or grey unis I'm driving down and kicking in the door to Geoff's office, to hell with a strongly worded letter. Kidding of course, but please God don't do that to me.
I’m thinking just more combinations with our current uniforms. Like White Blue White, Gold Blue Gold etc.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
How many times has Alabama changed ? UGA ? when they did it was awful. Tradition has meaning. Auburn? Just roll out the GOLD helmet. Get a TRADITIONAL look. GT is Gold hats. Go with traditional uniforms. If you think you need to be " one of those teams " who have to change uniforms, then your not in the same league with the teams that expect to be there every year. Tradition matters .
Other then Gold helmets with White GTs Tech has no uniform tradition, but that’s not a bad thing.

flea77

Ramblin' Wreck
Other then Gold helmets with White GTs Tech has no uniform tradition, but that’s not a bad thing.
GT is Gold Hats. I don't care what they do w the jersey and pants. But if you look ay History, GT is GOLD helmets. When did GT start wearing white helmets? Sorry I'm old school. Just roll out the gold helmet w the gold, blue, white jersey and the white and gold pants. but leave the helmet ( I hated ) alone... Speaking from a UGA letterman. GT wears GOLD helmets. Just saying.

Last edited:

Joeb21

Jolly Good Fellow
upload_2019-3-27_17-46-48.jpeg

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I stand corrected :) Just did not follow them then.

you should be thankful. To willingly follow this crazy game at a school where it has largely been treated as a redheaded stepchild over the decades is a recipe for frustration,anxiety and pain with brief interludes of joy and celebration. It is best in the long run for one's mental health to minimize the exposure. Although I hope you stick around even though I know it's not in your long term best interest. Call me selfish.

flea77

Ramblin' Wreck
you should be thankful. To willingly follow this crazy game at a school where it has largely been treated as a redheaded stepchild over the decades is a recipe for frustration,anxiety and pain with brief interludes of joy and celebration. It is best in the long run for one's mental health to minimize the exposure. Although I hope you stick around even though I know it's not in your long term best interest. Call me selfish.
My parents were coaches and AD in the Atlanta Public schools. We grew up when GT was the place everyone wanted to go. Even then I knew I would not make it @ GT. Lol
The only thing that bothered me when they were recruiting Will was if he could “get out” GT is tough. We were always GT fans until I went to UGA. So we will continue to pull for the guys in white and gold ! I have two
Sons who graduated from GT. So I’m
All I’m :)