Where will RB's move?

wgardiner3

Jolly Good Fellow
No reason to risk a starting safety on return duty. In fact, I suspect he won't be doing much returning next year except in close games. But I suppose he could be converted to a strictly return guy. I could live with that, though I wouldn't feel good about not having him on the field for most of the D snaps.

CJ Spiller used to return kicks when he started at RB for Clemson. I don't see how that is much different than JT returning kicks. I think Jamal Golden also returned kicks for us when he was a starter on the defense.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I wasn't trying to single you out specifically, I was being petty because I got hit for trolling for something exactly like your post there. No hard feelings, the mods here have given us a pretty long leash lately all things considered.

But stop with the damn eye roll emoji!

As for back on topic: I think we'll see Gantt and Cottrell stay in the backfield, especially in 3rd down situations. Howard will be a dynamic fullback with the right gameplan. Mason will stay as an every down back imo, but I don't think he'll be the starter.

I’ll buy @Animal02 a steak dinner if he changes his avatar to eye roll emoji :D

I do wonder where our Bbacks see themselves in the 3 deep and how many abacks see themselves in the 3 deep at RB. I’m leaning Benson, Mason, Cotrell but very subject to change.

Those not in the 3 deep will be spread far and wide to WR, secondary, and LB. Ditto for our QBs.

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I’ll buy @Animal02 a steak dinner if he changes his avatar to eye roll emoji :D

I do wonder where our Bbacks see themselves in the 3 deep and how many abacks see themselves in the 3 deep at RB. I’m leaning Benson, Mason, Cotrell but very subject to change.

Those not in the 3 deep will be spread far and wide to WR, secondary, and LB. Ditto for our QBs.
I don't like steak but I do like fried shrimp.