Where the Program stands

JacketFan137

Banned
I feel like you are slowly losing your usual good insights and objectivity due to some agenda.

Collins is not a dead horse discussion. He is still coach and may or may not be here several more years. That debate is still open.

Yates, who outperformed uga’s quarterback against Clemson, is gone. You think his performance against the toughest defense we played all year was subpar. Others disagree. But bashing him now that he is gone does not serve any useful purpose and fits the definition of a dead horse.
i’m just pointing out something that was a glaring issue that has thankfully been addressed with gibson, pyron and taisun coming in.

and to act like the same handful of users not leaving snarky comments in literally every thread about collins ISNT beating a dead horse is a sign you are slowly losing your usual good insights and objectivity due to some agenda. we all get it, literally no one thinks collins is a good coach around here. yet any explanation as to why things happened or any optimism about next years team in any capacity is constantly shot down by the same few people.

even in the transfer thread we can’t even welcome new players without negativity lol

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, a year where you had to exercise social distancing while teaching OL how to block and DL defeat blocks & pass rush along with keeping guys on the roster who should’ve been gone was very beneficial
I'm sure there was plenty of coaching going on and non social distancing via bubble procedures.

Eli

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, a year where you had to exercise social distancing while teaching OL how to block and DL defeat blocks & pass rush along with keeping guys on the roster who should’ve been gone was very beneficial
Bro so you’re saying no one was taught pass rushing techniques all of 2020 in the entire ncaa? That is a major stretch. Your argument also holds very little water if any. 2020 we had 17 sacks in 10 games and 19 sacks in 2021 playing 12 games. We were sacked 33 times in 2021 and only sacked 24 times in 2020. So we must have been practicing social distancing all of last off season as well.

Last edited:

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Bro so you’re saying no one was taught pass rushing techniques all of 2020 in the entire ncaa? That is a major stretch. Your argument also holds very little water if any. 2020 we had 17 sacks in 10 games and 19 sacks in 2021 playing 12 games. We were sacked 33 times in 2021 and only sacked 24 times in 2020. So we must have been practicing social distancing all of last off season as well.

This what’s makes these debates so frustrating. Nothing is nuanced

1) None of those numbers are good. That put us at 67 in 2020 & 100 in 2021. 6 of the sacks for 21 came in one game

Eli

Helluva Engineer
This what’s makes these debates so frustrating. Nothing is nuanced

1) None of those numbers are good. That put us at 67 in 2020 & 100 in 2021. 6 of the sacks for 21 came in one game
So I guess I’m missing your point. Even if with give up zero sacks to ND we still had a better 2020 season during COVID protocol. So what is your point? You use COVID as an excuse for the non development yet we actually faired better in every category. Also 7.5 of our defensive sacks came in one game (unc) so yeah we had 11.5 sacks the other 11 games.

Last edited:

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
So I guess I’m missing your point. Even if with give up zero sacks to ND we still had a better 2020 season during COVID protocol. So what is your point? You use COVID as an excuse for the non development yet we actually faired better in every category. Also 7.5 of our defensive sacks came in one game (unc) so yeah we have 11.5 sacks the other 11 games.

Ok we fared well if that’s what you want to believe.

You may be the first person and last to say this

Eli

Helluva Engineer
Ok we fared well if that’s what you want to believe.

You may be the first person and last to say this
Idk how you got that out of my post. My point is YOU are saying COVID is the reason we won 3 games during COVID because of social distancing. I am saying then why did we preform better on both lines during the year of COVID as opposed to 2021?

Last edited:

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
i’m just pointing out something that was a glaring issue that has thankfully been addressed with gibson, pyron and taisun coming in.

and to act like the same handful of users not leaving snarky comments in literally every thread about collins ISNT beating a dead horse is a sign you are slowly losing your usual good insights and objectivity due to some agenda. we all get it, literally no one thinks collins is a good coach around here. yet any explanation as to why things happened or any optimism about next years team in any capacity is constantly shot down by the same few people.

even in the transfer thread we can’t even welcome new players without negativity lol
People are pessimistic about the season. So what? They have reason to be. However, I can hope to be wrong, hope that I am pleasantly surprised, hope that Collins becomes the coach we all hoped he would be, but that does not require me coming up with bogus excuses for his poor record to date.

But I’ll keep reading your posts and hoping you prove me wrong even though it feels like you go a little overboard at times making excuses for his dismal record.

JacketFan137

Banned
People are pessimistic about the season. So what? They have reason to be. However, I can hope to be wrong, hope that I am pleasantly surprised, hope that Collins becomes the coach we all hoped he would be, but that does not require me coming up with bogus excuses for his poor record to date.

But I’ll keep reading your posts and hoping you prove me wrong even though it feels like you go a little overboard at times making excuses for his dismal record.
explanations =/= excuses. it would be excuses if i thought collins was a good coach and was trying to justify him staying longer past this season. at no point have i ever done that. i just think the team isn’t quite as far away as you and many of the other negative nancies on the page like to believe.

But I’ll keep reading your posts and hoping i am right because it feels like you go a little overboard at times being negative for no reason

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
And if I read Ken's story on KJ Wallace right, we already have 17 scholarship guys in the secondary.
That's some roster management there.
Meanwhile, we need O line and D line help.

Let's not forget, Collins is like Dan Uggla right now when it comes to the current recruiting class.
0 for 23.

Why you gotta do Dan that way🫣? He didn't hurt nobody. Tied for 19th all time hit streaks at 33 games.
I'm not worried. Somebody will need a college scholly before the recruiting period ends ....

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
explanations =/= excuses. it would be excuses if i thought collins was a good coach and was trying to justify him staying longer past this season. at no point have i ever done that. i just think the team isn’t quite as far away as you and many of the other negative nancies on the page like to believe.

But I’ll keep reading your posts and hoping i am right because it feels like you go a little overboard at times being negative for no reason
No reason to get defensive 😊

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I feel like you are slowly losing your usual good insights and objectivity due to some agenda.

Collins is not a dead horse discussion. He is still coach and may or may not be here several more years. That debate is still open.

Yates, who outperformed uga’s quarterback against Clemson, is gone. You think his performance against the toughest defense we played all year was subpar. Others disagree. But bashing him now that he is gone does not serve any useful purpose and fits the definition of a dead horse.
Yes. That would have been our last game. I'd also step out and say the second-toughest defense was the game previous to the last game. Clemson's defense was outstanding, but in the games as they were played, they were far from the toughest defense we saw. In both games his performance was subpar.

Last edited:

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer

I’m probably one of the negative Nancy’s you are referring to but I agree with you. I don’t think we are that far away either. But when you are in the mass of the 70 mid level programs there’s a lot of wiggle room between 3 and 7 wins. We saw it under Johnson. He was the same coach year in and year out but the wins varied based on injury and play of the players. Under Collins we have not seen that. We have seen a consistent poor performance. A main theme on this board is is it the coaching or the players? To me it’s clear where the problem lies. So I believe we just wasted 4 years - no rebuild occurred and the program was not advanced. The next coach will be in the same position as Collins. He can advance the program through his acumen or he could stall. The ACC is weak so I agree we can jump the win total fairly easily. I just don’t think we will presently. Perhaps Long is the savior.