When will we know if JHD is back?

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I was a horrible and crazily undisciplined student in college. Downright sorry and lazy much of the time. I have a lot of respect for student athletes at Tech who have all of the practice obligations on top of school work. Our program is doing something right keeping academic issues at bay for the most part.

Glad to hear this good news on JHD. If he does regain his eligibility after this semester I wonder what he will decide to do for the summer semester. I imagine he won't take it off altogether but imagine a "light" load might be in order after busting his hump so hard to get back.

Animal02

Banned
I was a horrible and crazily undisciplined student in college. Downright sorry and lazy much of the time. I have a lot of respect for student athletes at Tech who have all of the practice obligations on top of school work. Our program is doing something right keeping academic issues at bay for the most part.

Glad to hear this good news on JHD. If he does regain his eligibility after this semester I wonder what he will decide to do for the summer semester. I imagine he won't take it off altogether but imagine a "light" load might be in order after busting his hump so hard to get back.

Could not agree more.....I came into Tech a national merit scholar, top 10 of my H.S. class........and came to a rude awakening after my first quarter.....even then, I never had the discipline to study like I should have. (The drinking age at 18 did not help :hungover:) Ended up graduating with a 2.1 and that was pulling it up for quite awhile. I really respect all the athletes who not only dedicate so much time to their sport, but also maintain the academics. (For my second degree, at a Jesuit university.......I partied more, studied less and coasted with a 2.8., just more reason to respect thee athletes at Tech......they could have gone elsewhere and had it much easier)

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I read that at yesterday's Lunch Bunch CPJ said that JHD expects to regain his academic eligibility this semester, but still has summer available if needed. I have to say this made my day!

Best news possible today (other than beating UGAg tonight with Kel and Pabst back). If he regains eligibility this Spring, maybe he shouldn't go summer ...... I really hope he gets his degree and doesn't let up after getting eligibility. In the long run the degree will be worth a lot.

DrJacket

Helluva Engineer
I read that at yesterday's Lunch Bunch CPJ said that JHD expects to regain his academic eligibility this semester, but still has summer available if needed. I have to say this made my day!
Far be it for me to rain on our parade today, but I'm slowing my roll on this. I was there at the lunch. I heard what CPJ said, and it certainly wasn't pessimistic. Nor--though--did I feel in context that it was any cause for newfound optimism either.

Sounded more like a "hope" than a projection to me. I should add that nothing CPJ said made it sound as though it couldn't happen. It sounded possible.

I do hope JHD gets it done.

jacket fan in dairyland

Jolly Good Fellow
Could not agree more.....I came into Tech a national merit scholar, top 10 of my H.S. class........and came to a rude awakening after my first quarter.....even then, I never had the discipline to study like I should have. (The drinking age at 18 did not help :hungover:) Ended up graduating with a 2.1 and that was pulling it up for quite awhile. I really respect all the athletes who not only dedicate so much time to their sport, but also maintain the academics. (For my second degree, at a Jesuit university.......I partied more, studied less and coasted with a 2.8., just more reason to respect thee athletes at Tech......they could have gone elsewhere and had it much easier)
You sound a lot like me. Graduated with a 2.3 and that was after talking my way back in after beginning of Soph. Year. Drinking age of 18 really was a distraction. Looking back, I could have done better. Athletes need help , and they get it. But help was also available to me and I was too dumb to take advantage of it.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
This is probably closer to the truth.
Never thought I would engross myself in line play, but it is really great fun -- and educational -- to turn off the sound and watch the offense, mainly Mason, work against Georgia, FSU and MSU particularly. Everybody else, I'm sure, but I do have a job. The guy was remarkable to watch, and to be willing and able to do what he did for 35-38 minutes a game makes for a great clinic.

Sean311

Helluva Engineer
Dude yall seriously gotta go check out Jabari's Instagram...he just posted another vid of him murdering people in practice lol. It was nasty.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Dude yall seriously gotta go check out Jabari's Instagram...he just posted another vid of him murdering people in practice lol. It was nasty.

No...our imagination is better than reality. Don't kill our dreams.

#FearJabari2015

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I can't tell how much of that is just piss poor OL work. Yes, Jabari is awful quick, but our OL absolutely bites on both of those plays. I can hear CPJ saying "whadaya expect when you turn a guy loose???"