When will we know if JHD is back?

305jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
After every semester once his GPA is updated. So I would imagine the answer you are looking for is mid May

FatPat

Jolly Good Fellow
Actually all three. There is a minimum GPA requirement. You have to have a percentage of your earned credits towards your degree- this percentage increases each year over a 5 year time. And you have to earn enough credits the semester prior to the season. This is how factories get around it- the kids change majors sometimes to stay eligible... Thus comes your basket weaving major.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I don't expect any announcements on this issue till spring practice starts.

I doubt there will be any announcements at all till he is done his last semester before the fall semester. Even if he were to be qualified now, he's close to the line(s) and with a bad semester could fall below the line(s) again.

I hope he makes it not only for the team but more importantly for JHD himself.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I doubt there will be any announcements at all till he is done his last semester before the fall semester. Even if he were to be qualified now, he's close to the line(s) and with a bad semester could fall below the line(s) again.

I hope he makes it not only for the team but more importantly for JHD himself.
If with the aid of tutors he can do the academic work needed to get on the field, it would be doubly disappointing because he probably needs a solid season of work to position himself for the NFL. On the other hand it is the NFL and if somebody thinks he can play, then there might be a shot. Purely selfishly and based on size, weight and apparent potential, I want GT to have him on the field.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
[QUOTE=" Purely selfishly and based on size, weight and apparent potential, I want GT to have him on the field.[/QUOTE]

This. I also do hope for his sake he gets his academics in order and gets his degree...that will last him much longer in life than anything else...but selfishly, gosh I am dying to see him playing next Fall. I think he could make a HUGE difference (pun intended).

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
[QUOTE=" Purely selfishly and based on size, weight and apparent potential, I want GT to have him on the field.

This. I also do hope for his sake he gets his academics in order and gets his degree...that will last him much longer in life than anything else...but selfishly, gosh I am dying to see him playing next Fall. I think he could make a HUGE difference (pun intended).[/QUOTE]

Yeah, me too. Of the positions we are losing between seasons, his is the only one I worry about having a player step in without a big dropoff. The younger players I have seen all play too high for the interior. I suppose that could change, but it seems to me it is very hard to learn to play low if you aren't already inclined toward it.

Declinometer

Banned
[QUOTE=" Purely selfishly and based on size, weight and apparent potential, I want GT to have him on the field.

This. I also do hope for his sake he gets his academics in order and gets his degree...that will last him much longer in life than anything else...but selfishly, gosh I am dying to see him playing next Fall. I think he could make a HUGE difference (pun intended).[/QUOTE]

What is his height & weight these days?

MidtownJacket

Staff member
If he gets his academics (and based on the stories some of you all have shared about how he was raised I fully expect he will) then he is going to be a FORCE.

We will have to see how much speed he gave up, but look out - I have a good feeling on this all around.