When will we know if JHD is back?

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I think it may be a combination of how quick JHD is and the "practice" pace of the OL. It could also be a case of not knowing who to block, which would slow down the OL. I am going to tend to error on the side of giving credit to JHD with some small unknown "help" from the OL play.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
fify. It's no wonder CJ is timid, dude got blown up as soon as he touched the ball. In fact, JT had to jump out the way or he may have been collateral damage on that tackle.
Now he knows what David Sims felt like. If somebody didn't miss a block, somebody else made a bad read. the result was fire in the hole.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
That's what I'm saying. I don't think he'd be posting those if he didn't feel good about regaining eligibility. He's been pretty positive
Hope you are right for sure. I'm just not counting on anything until the grades come out and admin makes its ruling.

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
lol Byerly seems to be on the other side of the hit almost every video...just stay away from JT!!! Pumped to see Jabari "Beast" in action!!

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I can't tell how much of that is just piss poor OL work. Yes, Jabari is awful quick, but our OL absolutely bites on both of those plays. I can hear CPJ saying "whadaya expect when you turn a guy loose???"

I think his quickness in previous matchups played a role in what's in the video. His quickness has to be in their heads so they're overcompensating and "biting" on first reaction. See it all the time when someone gets beat, they come back and actually psyche themselves from wanting to get beat again...and end up beating themselves the next time.

It may look like the OL is doing a piss poor job, but JHD's quickness definitely set it up. Something tells me we'll see a lot of that once Jabari totally eats the OL's on Saturdays this fall.

DrJacket

Helluva Engineer
I probably would have given you a run for your money in this area. Ashamed when I look back but I just didn't know any better and had no mentoring or nurturing for school. I did not actually learn to study until I got to grad school.
Same for me. I understand, to some extent, that not all these kids come in as focused as they need to. I tell my wife all the time that my undergrad experience had a "first sophomore year" and a "second sophomore year." Because that's just the way it happened.

My grades actually ramped up through master's and then I hit my stride in doctoral studies. I stay amazed that Tech doesn't have more academic casualties than it does.

Animal02

Banned
Same for me. I understand, to some extent, that not all these kids come in as focused as they need to. I tell my wife all the time that my undergrad experience had a "first sophomore year" and a "second sophomore year." Because that's just the way it happened.

My grades actually ramped up through master's and then I hit my stride in doctoral studies. I stay amazed that Tech doesn't have more academic casualties than it does.

My experience was that many of the kids that struggled a bit more in HS but made it into Tech actually performed better. My roommate on the other hand.....was the valedictorian of a small H.S in Vermont......thought he was God's gift to the computer world, was used to skating through classes in HS based on his reputation etc. He lasted 5 quarters.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
My experience was that many of the kids that struggled a bit more in HS but made it into Tech actually performed better. My roommate on the other hand.....was the valedictorian of a small H.S in Vermont......thought he was God's gift to the computer world, was used to skating through classes in HS based on his reputation etc. He lasted 5 quarters.
Might that possibly say something about projecting the probability of football recruits to make it at Tech, though they fall short of Tech requirements? It seems to be one of those things that are repeated in many endeavors, in which the "Funniest" HS senior will often surpass the "Most likely" in college. Sometimes having to struggle for something makes it stick.

COJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Animal - I had the same thing happen to me. First roommate in Brown dorm, summer of 69, was valedictorian of a small HS in Maryland. Lasted only 3 quarters. Also thought he was God's gift to GT. He thought I was a total flunk out only graduating in the top 20% of my class in HS. Too funny.

ybeenormal

Jolly Good Fellow
Screenshot_2015-04-23-19-42-35.png