When will GT break into the top 25?

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
Not even close to getting in top 25 right now. Have to beat UNC and Miami to crack top 25

I agree. Pitt had already lost twice, so beating them does nothing for us in the rankings. And UT not only lost to Florida but barely squeaked by UMass today. So we’re a long way from the top 25.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
True, I also forgot we didn't play this past Saturday so instead of being 3-1 we are 2-1.
Did you watch the Turtles v. UCF? I did and I'm thinking we might be 2 - 2 now if we had played that game. Those people have excellent talent and beat the Terps without even breathing hard.

Let's just win our next two games. The Tarholes are hopeless on D and not that classy on O either. I watched some of da U and Toledo and I am so not impressed. Those people are nowhere near their ranking. The big surprise: their D is pretty porous. Control Walton (I didn't say stop him; no one will do that) and I think we win, even down there.

But … one game at a time.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Did you watch the Turtles v. UCF? I did and I'm thinking we might be 2 - 2 now if we had played that game. Those people have excellent talent and beat the Terps without even breathing hard.

Let's just win our next two games. The Tarholes are hopeless on D and not that classy on O either. I watched some of da U and Toledo and I am so not impressed. Those people are nowhere near their ranking. The big surprise: their D is pretty porous. Control Walton (I didn't say stop him; no one will do that) and I think we win, even down there.

I was just making a statement that a 2-1 team doesn't sound as good as a 3-1 team when it come to the rankings, which is the subject of the thread. Of course we could have lost to UCF and maybe they do look good but I have confidence that GT could/would have beat them.

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer

maybe. Maryland was down to their 4th string QB in the game though

I would expect us to beat Maryland without breathing hard either

They beat Texas but at the end of the day their defense was still porous and gave up 41 to them. Texas O is nothing special. Now Maryland has no offense because they have no QB

ramblinwreck1378

Ramblin' Wreck
Not pertinent to rankings, but for those of you who care about game times (myself included), Saturday is huge for us. While it’s a noon game, it’s also nationally televised on ESPN2. Put on a good performance here, and we’re likely to be rewarded with more prime time or non-noon games. Come out flat, and that could sign us up for nooners the rest of the way.

LibertyTurns

Banned
maybe. Maryland was down to their 4th string QB in the game though

I would expect us to beat Maryland without breathing hard either

They beat Texas but at the end of the day their defense was still porous and gave up 41 to them. Texas O is nothing special. Now Maryland has no offense because they have no QB
What is it with Maryland losing QBs? Didn't they have to use a LB one year in recent past because every single QB on their roster was injured?

GT03&05

Georgia Tech Fan
At a minimum, I think we have to beat UNC, Miami, and Wake to crack the top 25. However, even if we do that, it's possible that we could still be unranked when we play Clemson.

Assuming we win through Wake, our wins will have been against an FCS team, 2 teams with losing records (Pitt and UNC), a historically bad team (Wake), and a question mark in Miami (I know they beat Toledo by 22, but they struggled early and only had a 1 score lead going into the 4th). Add that to the normal anti-ACC, anti-Option/GT bias, we won't be given credit for having any quality wins.

If Miami crushes Duke and FSU and we beat them, then we'd get some credit, but, unless that happens, it may take a Clemson win to get us into the top 25.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
We have done nothing to earn a top 25 vote yet. We blew a game against a not so great ut game and lost. We beat two awful teams.

We basically need to win every game up to clemson game. Then and only then maybe we crack the top 25. But beating miami is not gonna be easy. Richt owns us really. Even then we still may not crack the top 25.

MacJacket

Helluva Engineer
We have done nothing to earn a top 25 vote yet. We blew a game against a not so great ut game and lost. We beat two awful teams.

We basically need to win every game up to clemson game. Then and only then maybe we crack the top 25. But beating miami is not gonna be easy. Richt owns us really. Even then we still may not crack the top 25.

Jax state is good FCS team. That said, Pitt is terribad. We won by 3 scores, but it should have been at least 5. If we clean up the turnovers and have DECENT special teams, we can win every game on the schedule minus Clemson. A win in DV will take an absolute perfect game. However, I think TOS and Sp teams will lose us a game along the way.