When will GT break into the top 25?

RedPete

Ramblin' Wreck
Losses by #21 Florida and #23 West Virginia opened the door for GT today, but Navy (5-0) probably cracks the Top-25 ahead of us. Plus we'll see a lot of love for Iowa State and any other upsets in tonight's prime time games. ...Maaybe even K-State or the SMU/Houston winner.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Losses by #21 Florida and #23 West Virginia opened the door for GT today, but Navy (5-0) probably cracks the Top-25 ahead of us. Plus we'll see a lot of love for Iowa State and any other upsets in tonight's prime time games. ...Maaybe even K-State or the SMU/Houston winner.
If we beat Miami BIG we will be top 15. That's how they do the SEC at least (Miss st)

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Here's how GT was ranked by the AP voters

upload_2017-10-8_15-2-34.png

http://collegepolltracker.com/football/team/georgia-tech-yellow-jackets/2017

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
One thing interesting which surely can't have happened often: ACC has four teams listed, SEC three. Pretenders Florida, Tennessee, LSU, MSU all gone.

RedPete

Ramblin' Wreck
One thing interesting which surely can't have happened often: ACC has four teams listed, SEC three. Pretenders Florida, Tennessee, LSU, MSU all gone.

Yes but Louisville dropped TEN spots just for losing to #20 NC State. So even though ACC has several ranked teams, that shows how lightly regarded the conference is in the pollster's minds by default.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Washington State is currently ranked #8. Why do I bring it up? So I can post this:

Someone needs to make a show where CPJ and Leach wax poetic about college football and life in general. I would pay good money to watch it.

ajkreider

Georgia Tech Fan
Canes fan here.

No idea when you will be ranked, but this will take care of itself. I would take you guys straight up against just about all the teams 16-25. Clemson is in jeopardy. You will play in and win a nice bowl.

There is a sense in which we were lucky to win against you all, but we did outgain you by 200 and won the turnover differential. We should win that every time.

Please beat UGA.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Canes fan here.

No idea when you will be ranked, but this will take care of itself. I would take you guys straight up against just about all the teams 16-25. Clemson is in jeopardy. You will play in and win a nice bowl.

There is a sense in which we were lucky to win against you all, but we did outgain you by 200 and won the turnover differential. We should win that every time.

Please beat UGA.
I thought neither team turned the ball over? And I think yalls numbers aren't completely telling because of the drive before half and at the end of the game, although it all counts and y'all got it done when we didn't. That rain was also awful for us imo. Thanks for stopping by though, and for the comment. Good luck for the rest of the season, just have your team do us a favor and lose two games lol.