What's your prediction for the season?

What will be GT's record at the end of the regular season?

• 12-0

Votes: 30 14.7%
  • 11-1

Votes: 18 8.8%
  • 10-2

Votes: 53 26.0%
  • 9-3

Votes: 70 34.3%
  • 8-4

Votes: 31 15.2%
  • 7-5

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • 6-6

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5-7 or worse

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

akinji

Georgia Tech Fan
20 days till kickoff... We have some big expectations from the team coming off a great season. Where do you fall on the hype gauge?

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
I'm in the 9-3 group. I'm thinking the L's come @ ND @Clemson and @Miami. ND because if all the new faces we are breaking in on O. Hopefully the easy first 2 games gets the newbies up to speed and ND is beat down a little with Texas and a somewhat decend UVA squad. Clemson because of it falling during exam week but they lost another key player on D. Miami because we have had our issues there with them in the past and possibly looking ahead to Uga the following week. But if I knew what I was talking about I'd be working for ESPN or someplace in Vegas and not doing real estate.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
No idea this year honestly. I usually predict 9-3, and that might be correct this year, but I know this team has more talent than that. There isn't a game on the schedule that I am penciling in as a loss yet. I think we will have 4-5 close games, while we win the other 7-8 fairly handily and it depends on what we do in the final minutes of games if we're an 8-9 win team or if we're a 11-12 win team.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
Until someone beats us, I don't see a team on our schedule that's better than us. Sure, there's probably a loss or three in there somewhere just because it's so hard to be on every week, week-in week-out. But looking at each game, individally, I'm not conceding a game until we have one.

This is very much the way I felt in 1990. (Not saying I have that vibe this year, but it's good to see that someone has it...)

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Somebody's not believing what Paul Johnson is saying. If the defense is as good as some are saying, and the offense as bad as the head ball coach is saying, we can be 0-0-12, all scoreless games. I'll just wait until Alcorn St. to see if there is the dreaded trend. Just happy to watch them and do whatever I can do to help the team win, that's the main thing.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Somebody's not believing what Paul Johnson is saying. If the defense is as good as some are saying, and the offense as bad as the head ball coach is saying, we can be 0-0-12, all scoreless games. I'll just wait until Alcorn St. to see if there is the dreaded trend. Just happy to watch them and do whatever I can do to help the team win, that's the main thing.

IMO the second team defense is way ahead of the second team offense. Roof has built quality depth such that there is not much dropoff from 1st D to 2nd D in the back seven. The 2nd D was strong against the 2nd O in the Spring Game (shutout) and Roof had to sub a lot (cramps and knocks) in the secondary in the OB with no real sign of dropoff. Maybe what CPJ is so non upbeat about is the result when some 2nd team O players roll in for reps against stronger 2nd D players and they are not yet up to the task he expects. No doubt new faces at BB, AB, and WR are also factors.

Certainly the 1st O did well against the 1st D in the Spring Game and that was with minimum use of Thomas at QB, without Chamberlain, Burden was new at RG, and a backup was at C. Good news is that it is still early.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I voted 10-2. In my way too early estimates, I have us favored in every game (except CU in some passes), but by less than a TD in almost every game.

If our offense doesn't fall off as much as I think (I have it between 2012 and 2009 right now) or if the Defense improves more than I think (I have it a little worse than 2008), we would get there more comfortably.

When I hip pocket likelihood of each game, I come up with 9 wins.

I just get the feeling that we're going to be better than my numbers.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
10-2
We are good enough to beat everyone on the schedule but it is hard for any team to go undefeated. The two losses could literally be against almost anybody except our opening games.

Wrecking Ball

Ramblin' Wreck
I think the over-under is 8.5 wins. I'd think 9-3 is right, but I also have a strong belief we will hit another team at a bad moment and lose one we should win, so I went with 8-4.

I'd be happy to be wrong, but one season does not a trend make.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
These are my predictions for the upcoming year:

1. The BB position will have double the number of runs that go to the house from outside 20 yards than last year.
2. We will put the ball on the ground more often on offense than last year.
3. We will get more consistent pressure on the QB, nearly doubling the number of sacks.
4. Because of number 3, we will finally realize how good our secondary is.
5. We will hit the AB running down the seam with a pass more consistently than last season. In other words, JT will find the right guy more often.
6. Perimeter blocking will take a step back for most of the season.
7. We get the ball back to our offense more conventionally this year, meaning fewer TOs and more forced punts.
8. TOP will be slanted even more in our favor than last year.
9. Butker hits a higher percentage of kicks.
10. Kick and Punt coverage will be crazy good.
11. No single receiver will establish himself as the "go to" guy.
12. LB play will be surprisingly good.
13. 3rd down conversions remain high on offense but get lowered on defense.
14. We are often referred to as one of the fastest teams in the land.
15. The OL will prove to be just as good as last year.
16. The refs, bounces of the ball, and general overall luck will be just as crazy and unpredictable as any other season, except, this time, UGAg gets none of it.

You guys decide what record that leaves us with.

Wrecking Ball

Ramblin' Wreck
It's not outside the realm of possibility. What if #5 gets hurt?

The people who picked 12-0 must live in Denver, they are quite high on life at the moment. But we gotta remember, VT returns a loaded D, UGA is a cursed game even when we have the better team, and ND is no slouch.

Duke will play us disciplined and isn't shabby anymore. NC, Pitt, and Miami have the horses to win.

I think being confident is one thing, being moonstruck is another.