What's your prediction for the season?

What will be GT's record at the end of the regular season?

• 12-0

Votes: 30 14.7%
  • 11-1

Votes: 18 8.8%
  • 10-2

Votes: 53 26.0%
  • 9-3

Votes: 70 34.3%
  • 8-4

Votes: 31 15.2%
  • 7-5

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • 6-6

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5-7 or worse

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
10-2 was my pick. 9-3 is probably more realistic with our schedule. What game follows mid terms? That's always a beast for us. 15-0 not outside the realistic realm of possibility. Been 25 years since I thought that was true.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Please tell me someone has video of this.

There was one posted on here, it didn't show the whole thing though. I've not checked YouTube to see if someone did but I'd be shocked if it wasn't out there. Lord knows there were enough folks who saw it! It was hilarious, a young man maybe early to mid 20s came out of the crowd and just leveled the thug fan. You could tell he'd been a football player and well schooled. Perfect level your A** stick :ROFLMAO: APD wasn't in too big a hurry to come over and check on the thug either ;)

thwgjacket

image.jpg
Somebody's not believing what Paul Johnson is saying. If the defense is as good as some are saying, and the offense as bad as the head ball coach is saying, we can be 0-0-12, all scoreless games. I'll just wait until Alcorn St. to see if there is the dreaded trend. Just happy to watch them and do whatever I can do to help the team win, that's the main thing.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Road games with Clem's-son and Horse-shoeU, will leave us 10-2.

Afterwards, we win the ACC Champ. Game....then fall to TCU in a major bowl.

11-3 and then not enough space for all the recruits that want GT.

Please note: Last year, I was not a believer. Underestimated the chemistry, JT5, some of the senior leadership and had us 6-6 regular season(followed by a bowl loss for a losing year). So don't go by me!

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Read boomers post and got a 10_2 prediction. Then added ND and FSU and got 9_3 as a good year.
10_2 would be Great.
Final answer 10_2

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
if we stay injury free and our d improves i see no reason why we cant win 12 and be in the hunt.

1. nd is having issues. new qb. their recent loss at ng does nothing but help us
2. clemson has an outstanding qb. he really scares me. two things. he is extremely brittle. their d will be young untested and never seen an o like ours.
3. fsu has issues at qb. we owe them. we could have beat them the last two times we played them. i like our chances.
4. uga. screw uga. i hate them with a passion. they also have issues at qb and then never play up to their full potential thanks to a coach who blows snot bubbles and makes horrendous calls at critical times. see bama. see gt last year.

it's at home. we have an energized fan base. if we dont sell our tickets to dwag fans we should outnumber them at bobby dodd. even if they ARE well represented i think the crowd and atmosphere helps us more than them. we will have acc refs which i hope works in our favor.

my dream match up.... tosu vs gt for the nc. i am an alum of both schools. while i love the bucks ( i was there in 68 for one of their greatest teams) i would have to pull for the jackets. i tend to root for underdogs.

i could die a happy man if we won another title under the very noses of the dwags. that would be a blow they would have a hard time recovering from. under cpj and roof we are getting ready to roll imo.

cuttysark

Ramblin' Wreck
Here is the record for 2015. 10 and 0. Then three games that will depend on injuries; turnovers; and calls by the officials:

Clemson; Mutts; and the ACC Championship Game. Notre Dame and the Hokies don't scare me, nor does FSU.

COJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
[QU vOTE="Wrecking Ball, post: 167290, member: 1287"]I love Byerly, but he's not the game breaker that JeT is. Byerly will not beat VT single leggedly like JeT did, nor will he beat UGA (which was JeT's poorest game so just wait until he plays like he did in the orange bowl.)

My point is that we have a lot of blind spots about our team right now. CPJ has been trying to calm the hype all offsets on for a reason - we have set up the scenario where 9-3 is a disappointment now because a lot of allegedly logical people act like moonstruck Twilight fangirls. These same people will be out for blood if we go 8-4 or 9-3.[/QUOTE]
No we won't. We will NOT be out for blood. Being optimistic does not mean we are delusional. I went 10-2 but easily Can see 8- 4 even 7-5. I just chose to be optimistic from the things I am reading. I love this coach and this team and wish them the best. Lets get this show on the road. THWG

jayparr

Helluva Engineer
I was looking at this season as a rebuilding year per a staff member and finish at 9and 3; which is darn good for a rebuilding year. Then I got a little nervous with one injury to Cottrell and what was CPJ was saying to the public until today. Now what I am reading really sounds like the train is at the station and fixing to pull out. Now I feel like anything could happen! Avoiding an intrusive amount of injuries I can see a 12 win season!!!! For a rebuilding year anything 8 wins or better is great in and of itself! But 12; wow, get on board now for a trip of 2,3,4, or 5 years or until the master of offense steps down as the engineer of the SWARM TRAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
[QU vOTE="Wrecking Ball, post: 167290, member: 1287"]I love Byerly, but he's not the game breaker that JeT is. Byerly will not beat VT single leggedly like JeT did, nor will he beat UGA (which was JeT's poorest game so just wait until he plays like he did in the orange bowl.)

My point is that we have a lot of blind spots about our team right now. CPJ has been trying to calm the hype all offsets on for a reason - we have set up the scenario where 9-3 is a disappointment now because a lot of allegedly logical people act like moonstruck Twilight fangirls. These same people will be out for blood if we go 8-4 or 9-3.
No we won't. We will NOT be out for blood. Being optimistic does not mean we are delusional. I went 10-2 but easily Can see 8- 4 even 7-5. I just chose to be optimistic from the things I am reading. I love this coach and this team and wish them the best. Lets get this show on the road. THWG[/QUOTE]

I think you are selling Byerly short. Tech can win with him at QB. Not as dramatic, not as romantic and Errol Flynn dashery, but solid and competent. Had not Thomas showed up I think it could have been said that Byerly was the best QB has had at Tech. Don't want to see him in for obvious reasons, but I won't slice a wrist if he's needed.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
20 days till kickoff... We have some big expectations from the team coming off a great season. Where do you fall on the hype gauge?
First time poster, long time sidewalk fan. Dad went to Tech and I have always been fanatical about the Jackets. Unlike some, last year DID NOT surprise me. We had seniors with a chip on their collective shoulders (think Shaq, Waller, Perkins, Hill, Zenon, etc.) many of whom had career years. It will be difficult to recapture that sort of magic. I am going to reluctantly take a somewhat contrarian view and go with 8-4. Primary reasons being: No go to receiver, really tough schedule, questions on ball security and perimeter blocking, and sadly,. the whole can't take the next step following a great year. Just like 1990 being followed by a good but not great 8-5 year I am (like a lot of long time Tech fans) conditioned to think that we will just not finish the drill. Yes, there are some nice pieces in place. Outstanding option quarterback, very good line, speed on the perimeter. two fine corner backs, tremendous potential on the defensive line and an excellent crop of freshmen. Not to mention, stability in the coaching staff and finally the right guy at defensive coordinator. However, it should be noted that not only are the BIG 4 waiting for us (UGA, Clemson, Miami, and Virginia Tech) but we have a resurgent Duke, always talented (albeit underachieving UNC) and the "Criminoles" with the usual collection of 5 Star felonies in waiting as well as a Notre Dame team with boatloads of talent and experience returning. I am concerned about turning the ball over and injuries. We will see! Let's play ball.

wishbone

Georgia Tech Fan
Quarterback Justin Thomas said the last few practices of camp were the best that the offense had. That included the wide receivers and A-backs and their perimeter blocking. Thomas said that “the last few days, they’ve been getting their guys (on the ground) and doing what they’re supposed to do.”

Spectacular.

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer
I love Byerly, but he's not the game breaker that JeT is. Byerly will not beat VT single leggedly like JeT did, nor will he beat UGA (which was JeT's poorest game so just wait until he plays like he did in the orange bowl.)

My point is that we have a lot of blind spots about our team right now. CPJ has been trying to calm the hype all offsets on for a reason - we have set up the scenario where 9-3 is a disappointment now because a lot of allegedly logical people act like moonstruck Twilight fangirls. These same people will be out for blood if we go 8-4 or 9-3.
I'd say Duke was JeTs worst game by far, Timmy brought us back. Not saying Byerly is better, but he is a very good backup.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Quarterback Justin Thomas said the last few practices of camp were the best that the offense had. That included the wide receivers and A-backs and their perimeter blocking. Thomas said that “the last few days, they’ve been getting their guys (on the ground) and doing what they’re supposed to do.”

Spectacular.
Is it possible Thomas was not copied on the Johnson memo?