What's your prediction for the season?

What will be GT's record at the end of the regular season?

• 12-0

Votes: 30 14.7%
  • 11-1

Votes: 18 8.8%
  • 10-2

Votes: 53 26.0%
  • 9-3

Votes: 70 34.3%
  • 8-4

Votes: 31 15.2%
  • 7-5

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • 6-6

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5-7 or worse

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sidewalkGTfan

Helluva Engineer
Can we really win a National Championship with this crop of receivers? Pretty obvious they are probably our weakest position group on offense. Micheal Summers is our #1 WR? What has he done in the last 2 seasons to make you think he's gonna light it up this year?

The receivers are the only thing holding us back. That's why I predicted 9-3. Put Smelter on this year's group and I'd say we have a legitimate shot to win it all. If someone steps up as our go-to guy, then we'll be in for a VERY special season. Kind of disappointed we haven't heard anything out of Antonio Messick. CPJ made a slightly disparaging remark about him about a week or so back. Kid has all the tools but might not have his head screwed on straight.
Have you missed all of the Brad Stewart threads??? 15-0 BABY!!!!!

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Huh? I saw some guys being optimistic but no one saying it would be a cakewalk, unless you are referring to the guys who were being tongue in cheek or deliberate homers for the sake of humor.
I am still trying to curb my enthusiasm, so to speak, and not look past Alcorn St. That old coaching bromide about playing 'em one game at a time ain't all wrong. I see in another thread that they have a good QB and that's good. Maybe the pass rush and secondary will get a test right out of the box. Of all the positions and question marks, I'm most interested in seeing Hunt-Days on the field, knowing he has one year to make a draft impression. Might be a great incentive.

4NatlChmps

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm not scared of anybody on our schedule but some of you guys trying to convince yourselves we have a cakewalk to the playoffs are delusional. Just about every game is gonna be a dogfight. Four of our opponents are ranked in the top 12 in the nation by ESPN. Then there's Miami, VT and UNC, all with more than enough talent to make our day long and bad. After last year, I wouldn't count out Duke, either.

I love the enthusiasm, hate the schedule bashing. We have a tough row to hoe, no doubt about it.
Agree here. Every game will need big show from O line and JeT5 all out. Just hopefully not 8!7! from 53 yards and OT or else I will need morphine.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Can we really win a National Championship with this crop of receivers? Pretty obvious they are probably our weakest position group on offense. Micheal Summers is our #1 WR? What has he done in the last 2 seasons to make you think he's gonna light it up this year?

The receivers are the only thing holding us back. That's why I predicted 9-3. Put Smelter on this year's group and I'd say we have a legitimate shot to win it all. If someone steps up as our go-to guy, then we'll be in for a VERY special season. Kind of disappointed we haven't heard anything out of Antonio Messick. CPJ made a slightly disparaging remark about him about a week or so back. Kid has all the tools but might not have his head screwed on straight.
Wesley, I can understand that you are concerned about the WR group, but to state that they are the position group holding us back is total supposition at this point. For all we know, the guys currently on the depth chart represent an improvement. We really don't know. For sure there is potential there. Let's see it play out a little before we declare them our weakest group.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Wesley, I can understand that you are concerned about the WR group, but to state that they are the position group holding us back is total supposition at this point. For all we know, the guys currently on the depth chart represent an improvement. We really don't know. For sure there is potential there. Let's see it play out a little before we declare them our weakest group.
Agreed. And it is only revisionist history that fails to remember that neither Smelter nor Waller looked like a sure thing until after they had their breakout seasons. Right now Summers looks like he is further ahead than Waller looked before he got to be a starter. Jeune looks very promising and I don't even want to start with a certain freshman lest I crash the internet. We have at least six guys from which to find two good receivers and I think we will do that fine. If someone is worried about their blocking, that seems like a more reasonable concern, just like the blocking of the A-backs.