What's your game plan to beat UGA?

CEB

Helluva Engineer
Put longer cleats on and RUN the damn ball on a wet field. When passing (less than 15 times), do it on 2nd down and less than 6 yards to go and not 3rd and long. Also, put 2 punt return guys back.
How long a cleat do you reckon we need?
1669136943562.png

BurnedOut

Georgia Tech Fan
Park a bunch of pizza delivery vehicles outside their locker room. Their players will assume their future job has arrived, jump in the vehicles and go deliver pizzas. Good guys win because Notso Smart has no players to field a team.

Tech Lawyer

Jolly Good Fellow
As far as our Defense goes, I agree with Steam Whistle. Play a soft scheme and take away their TEs , wide receiver screens, short to intermediate passes. I am ok with giving up (5) yard runs. We don't need to blitz- this would make things easier for Stetson. Our DL has really started to play- all of them. This ain't Sam Pittman's UGA OL and it ain't Nick, Sony and Deandre in the backfield. I listen to Tyler on the Glory UGA Podcast which is a show for the more serious Dawg fans. Tyler has huge concerns about UGA's edge players on Defensive. Losing Nolan Smith didn't help. So I would attack their edges , but nothing slow developing because all of their guys an run. As everyone has said we should be all about 2d and four and shortening the game. I would run at their LBs. They lost (3) studs last year. Play smart, don't give them anything easy and who knows?

ugacdawg

Georgia Tech Fan
I’ve watched parts of several of uga’s games, they beat the other team down with their overwhelming defense, serial 3 and outs and then before you know it your defensive guys are gassed and down 3 scores. Mizzu really took it to them and i have no idea how they scored so many points?

Mizzou played very aggressively on defense in the front seven and they have some pretty good players. I think UGA underestimated the fight they would put up so that could be at Tech's advantage if the same happens. UGA was -2 (or maybe 3) in turnovers in the first half, which set Mizzou up pretty well and even though UGA dominated the stats, they were poor that day on third downs. And the game was at Mizzou.
This version of UGA has a pretty high ceiling, but a much lower floor than last year. They can beat themselves when they are bored or disinterested. They can also destroy anyone when they are focused and fired up. I'm thinking they might be a bit bored this weekend which should help Tech too, but beating Kirby's teams in Athens is a tall task.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Mizzou played very aggressively on defense in the front seven and they have some pretty good players. I think UGA underestimated the fight they would put up so that could be at Tech's advantage if the same happens. Of course UGA dominated the first half stats of that Mizzou game, but they were -2 (or maybe 3) in turnovers in the first half, which set Mizzou up pretty well. And the game was at Mizzou.
This version of UGA has a pretty high ceiling, but a much lower floor than last year. They can beat themselves when they are bored or disinterested. They can also destroy anyone when they are focused and fired up. I'm thinking they might be a bit bored this weekend which should help Tech too, but beating Kirby's teams in Athens is a tall task.
Better in Athens than home for us it would seem

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
Let’s hope they’re looking ahead to the LSU game and let’s pray for heavy rain. The rain could be an equalizer. Even if it isn’t an equalizer, it will be nice to turn that G at midfield into a mud hole.

Attachments

• 04A0532B-AC79-4D97-8B7C-BC9BE660E496.jpeg
    04A0532B-AC79-4D97-8B7C-BC9BE660E496.jpeg
    72.6 KB · Views: 10

GoldZ

Ramblin' Wreck
Mizzou played very aggressively on defense in the front seven and they have some pretty good players. I think UGA underestimated the fight they would put up so that could be at Tech's advantage if the same happens. UGA was -2 (or maybe 3) in turnovers in the first half, which set Mizzou up pretty well and even though UGA dominated the stats, they were poor that day on third downs. And the game was at Mizzou.
2016 lives!

ScGold

Banned
Pour gallons of eye drops in the arse sniffers breakfast drinks during game day breakfast. Might equal the playing field a bit.

Jacket Bracket

Jolly Good Fellow
OK hear me out! Let’s punt and not down the ball and let the quarter run out 4 times! At minimum we cover doing this!!

Obviously, just teasing.

stylee

Ramblin' Wreck
Featured Member
On offense, run. A lot. If they shut down Run A, have a Run B response that counters their approach to Run A.

Use motion often to figure out coverages. Have audibles ready to go to take a chance against Man coverage with play action — Gibson is not gonna pick apart a zone consistently, so go for high-upside plays against Man. Keep lots of guys in to protect on these pass plays; it’s okay to send only 3 or even 2 guys out on a pass play.

When I say high-upside, I don’t just mean long bombs. Get McCollum some short outs, some whips, some isolation option routes, provided you’ve got someone occupying the attention of the safety(s). Hope he breaks one. Chunk it up to Carter if you’re within 30 yards of the end zone sometimes.

Different looks up front than you’ve given previously. Some unbalanced lines?

684Bee

Helluva Engineer
Let's hear your ideas, message board geniuses.
I love that people are giving long, serious answers to this question. There is no game plan short of them having injuries and multiple turnovers that keeps this close. We are miles apart as football programs right now. Hopefully that will change in the near future.

BainbridgeJacket

Helluva Engineer
I love that people are giving long, serious answers to this question. There is no game plan short of them having injuries and multiple turnovers that keeps this close. We are miles apart as football programs right now. Hopefully that will change in the near future.
UGA's payroll = The New York Yankees
Our payroll = The Savannah Bananas

Techster

Helluva Engineer
My sensei Terry Silver once gave me wise words about how to defeat a much larger and better opponent:

Unfortunately, his ego and out of control desire to rule the Valley led to his downfall. SMH...

JacketFan137

Banned
Oh man...that last part...oof. Yates with some honesty. :oops:

i get what carter was telling yates about being unprepared but i’m not sure any amount of preparation and coaching was gonna overcome the talent gap in the trenches lol

not sure there was any possible way we compete in that game without the uga offense gifting us 2 or more touchdowns off turnovers

Techster

Helluva Engineer
i get what carter was telling yates about being unprepared but i’m not sure any amount of preparation and coaching was gonna overcome the talent gap in the trenches lol

not sure there was any possible way we compete in that game without the uga offense gifting us 2 or more touchdowns off turnovers

We at least looked like we had a clue this year...especially the first half. UGA's defense this year was #1 overall again with a 1.45 DFEI ranking, compared to last year's historical 1.93. Keep in mind, our team had a coaching staff switch during the season, and played with a 3rd and 4th string QB.