What's your game plan to beat UGA?

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
I've heard calculus textbooks are to top notch football players what wooden stakes and silver bullets are to vampires. Perhaps we can run the ball while holding one out in the other arm, and the mutts should part like the red sea.

Techastrophe

Georgia Tech Fan
As an underdog of such a magnitude you can't win without taking big risks. Obviously you have to be disciplined to extend possessions and avoid big mistakes. But you have to make big positive plays, and you can only make them if you take risks. The play calling and the athletes' on-field initiative has to be aggressive and ready to strike.... er, sting.

Last edited:

cpf2001

Ramblin' Wreck
Mack Brown gave us the blueprint. Let them score on the first play and then let up.

Hell, being down 17-0 worked for UNC, but maybe we’ll need to let them go up 30-0. They’re better than UNC, so we need a bigger letdown.

All part of the plan.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
As an underdog of such a magnitude you can't win without taking big risks. Obviously you have to be disciplined to extend possessions and avoid big mistakes. But you have to make big positive plays, and you can only make them if you take risks. The play calling and the athletes' on-field initiative has to be aggressive and ready to strike.... er, sting.
"Fortune Favors the Bold" - Old Latin proverb

InsideLB

Helluva Engineer
Take out dude in the bulldog suit in tunnel and put it on (may require screen by stooges in janitor suits). Run out onto field with Dwags to their sideline. Slip into injury tent and change into trainer's uniform. Remove packs of what appears to be gatorade from Bulldog head. Walk up to water coolers like you own the place and pour in massive amounts of laxatives. Enjoy.

roadkill

Helluva Engineer
We need multiple plans.

Plan A: The obvious – limit possessions, D plays them like UNC only better. Take risks. Hold. Onside kicks (assumes we score, so may not work)

Plan B: For when Plan A doesn’t work (likely sometime in Q1). Not sure what plan B is, but needs to be different than A.

Plan C: For when Plan B doesn’t work. This is desperation time. On Offense – Hail Marys every down. On D – blitz 11 every down. Or, what @InsideLB just said.

steebu

Ramblin' Wreck
WIN at LIFE, not just a game played by kids with a ball.

Can’t resist, sorry.

CxzkNo9XAAIWKkt

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
This is a correct statement. I wish that UNC was the #13 team in the nation, but they are not. That said, I am LOVING the effort. Out side of a 5 turnover game, I’m afraid we will be right under or over the spread.
This makes me chuckle. Some of you guys act like upsets never happen. UNC isn’t the 13th best team? Ok. Is Tennessee the 5th best team because they got their doors blown off by South Carolina? What about Notre Dame - are they the 13th best team with losses to Marshall and Stanford?

We probably aren’t going to win Saturday, but I do know that any team that thinks they’re going to lose usually does. And I do know that major upsets happen. And I do know we have a hell of a defense. And I do know that others have played these guys close - Mizzou, Kent, Kentucky. So why not us?

Weird stuff happens.

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
I refuse to believe Stetson is their best quarterback. He’s a 10th year senior still throwing late passes over the middle to be picked off. Sack his short *** and put him on the ground. Pick him off.

Offense will have to grind every inch against that defense. We have a snowballs chance in hell. But that’s a chance.

I honestly feel better playing them on the road. If it was at home I would be worried about our energy level.

Key and Smart played against each other. Key’s hate for uga is real and I imagine he will instill that in the players this week. LETS GO! THWg!

PISS ON THEM DAWGS!!

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
There is no game plan that beats the leg humpers Saturday. No finely crafted, creatively genius plan will do. FWIW, I flew my Piper Archer from PDK to Charleston, SC yesterday for a meal in the old town and a little adventure. My planned route took me over the Athens VOR both directions, which just so happens to be perfectly in line with the toilet bowl. I gave that God forsaken piece of outdated plumbing the finger coming and going. That's both my "hate week" story and my game plan that beats them. All we can do is give them the effing finger and play like one chance in a hundred is more than enough motivation.

PS: It has been a while since I have posted. I guess it took hate week to bring me back. I am glad to see a few more Marines have joined during that time. So, to "Leather" and "Dad" (and whoever else I am missing) I give a little shout out and a belated Happy Birthday Devil Dogs.

BainbridgeJacket

Helluva Engineer
There is no game plan that beats the leg humpers Saturday. No finely crafted, creatively genius plan will do. FWIW, I flew my Piper Archer from PDK to Charleston, SC yesterday for a meal in the old town and a little adventure. My planned route took me over the Athens VOR both directions, which just so happens to be perfectly in line with the toilet bowl. I gave that God forsaken piece of outdated plumbing the finger coming and going. That's both my "hate week" story and my game plan that beats them. All we can do is give them the effing finger and play like one chance in a hundred is more than enough motivation.

PS: It has been a while since I have posted. I guess it took hate week to bring me back. I am glad to see a few more Marines have joined during that time. So, to "Leather" and "Dad" (and whoever else I am missing) I give a little shout out and a belated Happy Birthday Devil Dogs.
Too bad you didn't have anything with about a 20 kt yield to drop on the ****hole...

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
FIFY

(I was going to add some Matt Damon bitcoin gifs, but they’re way too creepy)
Don't know nothin about no crypto. My mama taught me to stay away from Ponzi schemes.
Lots of things favor the bold - failure, folly, and foolishness among them, as well as fortune. But if you're meek, you won't find out. Hoping the Jackets can find some fortune Saturday...

GoldZ

Ramblin' Wreck
Put longer cleats on and RUN the damn ball on a wet field. When passing (less than 15 times), do it on 2nd down and less than 6 yards to go and not 3rd and long. Also, put 2 punt return guys back.

Last edited: