What's the loudest you've ever heard Bobby Dodd Stadium?

buzzwilder

Georgia Tech Fan
Loudest from start to finish would be ND '06.
Loudest burst would be '97 UGA when we scored the go ahead TD with less than 1 min left. That place exploded (we thought we ended their 6 yr win streak)....then Bobo & the "pass interference" happened & we went from the penthouse to outhouse real quick.

Vs bama in 1962 by far. All the others listed here so far added up MIGHT equal that.

Vs ut in 1966.

VT in 09 was good.
The thing about the '62 Bama game was it was not just loud, it was sustained throughout the entire game. In fact it started before the teams ever even took the field: "REMEMBER DARWIN HOLT !! REMEMBER DARWIN HOLT" And when that sort of subsided, it was replaced with "NAMATH CAN'T DO IT !! NAMATH CAN"T DO IT !!" I will never forget that glorious afternoon at Grant Field.

BuzzThePlumber

Helluva Engineer
Unfortunately I’m quite serious. Makes a difference when 55k are cheering for one team rather than 35-45k
Thought they had the Upper North closed while a United played at BDS.... Also, I’ll take 45k screaming bloody murder during a do or die 3rd down late in the game— you’d have to provide me with decibel measurements to convince me that cheering at United game got anywhere close to that level of frenzied sound...

Dustman

Helluva Engineer
UVA 98 was wild because we came back from a big deficit. The 2 home wins vs the Noles were both punctuated at the end. I'll never forget Reid running out of our end zone with the ball in his hand, nor will I ever forget Lance Austin running down the sideline away from me. The VT game in 2009 was amazing too. I feel lucky to have seen almost all of the games mentioned in this thread, but I did not see the Maryland game. I was driving toward Birmingham on I-20 and pulled over on the shoulder because I was losing the signal at the end.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
There’s only 3 people left on here that remember 1962. You might as well be comparing the game to watching the lions at the Roman Coliseum.

I guess, but not sure that makes the answer to the original question invalid.

Although I realize people are responding to the loudest game They have been to - somewhat sad that some here think beating umd, uvag, wfu in a smaller Grant Field might in any way have been louder than when a game at a larger cap Grant Field - with GT in the SEC -with a vast majority of the fans for GT - with Dodd & Bryant coaching - with namath, LRoy Jordan and #1 ranked bama and about 7 GT players that would go on to the NFL are on the field.

Might as well compare a big boy pants game (regardless of how long ago) to pee wee, Gray Y football.

whitegoldsphinx

Ramblin' Wreck
Not sure it was the loudest, although it was pretty loud. 1989 Georgia game. Jerry Mays goes for over 200 yards and the crowd is chanting his name.
This was my choice, just checked first to see if it had already been mentioned. We were down at halftime, but then ran away with it in the second half. Mays had a long run while we were trying to seal the game. He popped up from the tackle and the crowd went berserk. Later a UGA pass was batted at the line and intercepted by a DL. He dragged a UGA tackler who was on the ground and had him by the shirt tail 5 to 10 yards inside the 10-yard line and the crowd got even crazier.