What's the loudest you've ever heard Bobby Dodd Stadium?

GT flunkout

Jolly Good Fellow
Some really really good candidates here and I'm fortunate to have been at almost all of them. 2006 Maryland always gets mentioned and I wish I would have been there.

2009 Clemson and 2003 Auburn were really loud. 2011 VPI before the punch.

croberts

Ramblin' Wreck
2009 Virginia Tech. I’m in the lower part of the upper level. Section 214 I think. I couldn’t hear myself yelling. Numerous times I’d stop yelling just to hear how loud it was.

It was electric that night. I’ll never forget that one.
I was 6 years old and my father elected to take a huge Tech fan customer of his.:unsure: Cant speak from experience but the stadium held more then. My bet is the 2009 VTech game that has been mentioned. I stood nearly the whole game and had no voice after. I walked out of the stadium thinking in all my years this was special. We were so loud and Tech fans were in 85% of the seats, unlike our usual rival games that required 30% or more of our enemy to fill the seats. Special, Special.

Animal02

Banned
Some really really good candidates here and I'm fortunate to have been at almost all of them. 2006 Maryland always gets mentioned and I wish I would have been there.

2009 Clemson and 2003 Auburn were really loud. 2011 VPI before the punch.
I was lucky to be at the 2006 MD game. Flew down to ATL for a job interview on Friday.....Tech grad owner of the firm...season ticket holder on the 35 lower west. Invited me to the game on Sat. It was special. Offered me the job, the money was right, but they could not come to terms with a timeline for me to buy in. Ended up staying in MI, met my future wife 3 weeks later and now stuck here permanently. :confused:

croberts

Ramblin' Wreck
Would not say it was the loudest. Parts of the west stands had emptied out when we were down. early in the fourth......but what a finish. I was looking straight down the cross bar in the lower west to see that kick fall short.
My son was a High School freshman and somehow talked us into using the tickets with a teammate that had a older brother at Tech. The plan was for the boys to stay with the brother at his frat house over night. I stopped watching when Tech went down so big in the third quarter. I got a call from him telling me it was the coolest thing he had ever been a part of. As it turned out , he was one of many that were on the goal post when it came down (solidified by the game video that just happened to have the after game interview with George O directly in front of the falling post) . I received a call from a borrowed phone with my son singing To Hell With Ga in the Presidents front lawn along with everyone else,as that was the new resting place of the very large game trophy.

croberts

Ramblin' Wreck
I was 6 years old and my father elected to take a huge Tech fan customer of his.:unsure: Cant speak from experience but the stadium held more then. My bet is the 2009 VTech game that has been mentioned. I stood nearly the whole game and had no voice after. I walked out of the stadium thinking in all my years this was special. We were so loud and Tech fans were in 85% of the seats, unlike our usual rival games that required 30% or more of our enemy to fill the seats. Special, Special.
Sorry, this was in response to the Ala game of 1962.

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
2009 VT gets my vote but I only started in 2005. And the only homecoming I’ve missed since i started at Tech was 2015 FSU. Go figure.

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
My choices:
The blocked field goal against FSU...there were fans crying for joy on that one.
The defensive stand against Maryland.
The fumble recovery in the end zone against FSU.
And I hate this one, the 1992 FSU game.

Note: During the dark days of GT football when we were getting crowds in the 20,000 range, we played Army at home. The student section at that time was in the East Stands. Even with a small crowd, the students were actually able to get the Army quarterback rattled and he asked the referee warn the crowd (during that time you could get a crowd noise penalty).

JorgeJonas

Helluva Engineer
It probably has to be a game after the expansion of the stadium in 2003. The Auburn game that season was pretty loud, as was the 2005 UGA game.