What's he doing??

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
It was time for a change. Coach Johnson knew it, Georgia Tech knew it and most of our fans knew it. We are just going to have to get through this transition. It was going to be difficult regardless of who came in. Why don't we just get behind the team and the coaching staff and try to make the best out of this situation. Hopefully things will turn in a positive direction sooner than later.

Go Jackets!

Animal02

Banned
It was time for a change. Coach Johnson knew it, Georgia Tech knew it and most of our fans knew it. We are just going to have to get through this transition. It was going to be difficult regardless of who came in. Why don't we just get behind the team and the coaching staff and try to make the best out of this situation. Hopefully things will turn in a positive direction sooner than later.

Go Jackets!
False....it did not have to be difficult.....TStan (and major donors) CHOSE to make it difficult.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
U do realize the outside perception of the difficulty of this transition from the option and lack of talent due to the option (what everyone is saying in the msm) essentially has now sealed the deal that cpj will probably never land another p5 job now. And that may be the case for monken etc too unfortunately

Fair. No. But life isnt

But if you dont think our season would strike fear in any fanbase and AD hiring an option coach think again. Because what next will be asked when dude leaves or doesn’t succeed

I fully realize all the cpj boosters will jump on me. But thats just the general reality of outside perception of whats going on at gt and how i see other schools thinking

Animal02

Banned
U do realize the outside perception of the difficulty of this transition from the option and lack of talent due to the option (what everyone is saying in the msm) essentially has now sealed the deal that cpj will probably never land another p5 job now. And that may be the case for monken etc too unfortunately

Fair. No. But life isnt

But if you dont think our season would strike fear in any fanbase and AD hiring an option coach think again. Because what next will be asked when dude leaves or doesn’t succeed

I fully realize all the cpj boosters will jump on me. But thats just the general reality of outside perception of whats going on at gt and how i see other schools thinking
I don't get why so many think CPJ is looking for another job. If I had his bankroll, I would be golfing and seeing the sights after all the years he put in. Regarding Monken and others.....I would not be surprised to see a near bottom dweller in one of the conferences take a gamble... especially if the do not want to pony up in the $$$$ race.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
I don't get why so many think CPJ is looking for another job. If I had his bankroll, I would be golfing and seeing the sights after all the years he put in. Regarding Monken and others.....I would not be surprised to see a near bottom dweller in one of the conferences take a gamble... especially if the do not want to pony up in the $$$$ race.

I mean. Even kansas found a hc. I dont know maybe some other bottom dweller like rutgers? Even then i have my doubts tbh. Fanbase reaction is crazy nowadays. Heck even bottom dweller duke crawled out of it with traditional schemes and simply did better.

Btw i dont think cpj is looking for a job. I am more saying its a death nail for a p5 to even approach him now imo

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I mean. Even kansas found a hc. I dont know maybe some other bottom dweller like rutgers? Even then i have my doubts tbh. Fanbase reaction is crazy nowadays. Heck even bottom dweller duke crawled out of it with traditional schemes and simply did better.

Btw i dont think cpj is looking for a job. I am more saying its a death nail for a p5 to even approach him now imo

*knell

I don't think it would have a significant impact. If he wanted to coach again, I think he'd get a job easily.

99in99

Georgia Tech Fan
Probably one of the worst years he could have retired. This team would murder people with the Triple and minus the transfers.

It'd most likely look a lot like 2017-18. Either very 1-dimensional with tons of QB Keepers and ignored WRs with TO back there or god-knows-what with Lucas as starter. Graham probably transfers due to lack of PT. Defense would likely have been just as bad or worse with Woody, who was in over his head.

Maybe Wells doesn't regress though.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
No doubt. Just doubt it for p5. Anyway. Not trying to debate. Just floated my thoughts out there

FCS, IMO....maybe G5. I actually do get the sense he wants to coach and might take a lower level job if it made geographic sense. But who knows.