What's he doing??

techman

Georgia Tech Fan
Since CPJ has retired, what is he doing these days? Is he contemplating coaching somewhere? Anyone have any insight into what he's up to?

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
The man coached football for 40 straight years. That’s a long, long time. Then he retired.

Think about it. Forty ... straight ... years ... of ... coaching ... football ... as ... a ... single ... chosen ... career ... profession. And he was successful at it. Plus, not once was he fired from any coaching job he held during all of these 40 years! This is simply absolutely unbelievable.

Then he decided to take a break, and retired. He deserves to do any danged thing he pleases!

Well done, Mr. Paul Johnson.

wrmathis

Ramblin' Wreck
The man coached football for 40 straight years. That’s a long, long time. Then he retired.

Think about it. Forty ... straight ... years ... of ... coaching ... football ... as ... a ... single ... chosen ... career ... profession. And he was successful at it. Plus, not once was he fired from any coaching job he held during all of these 40 years! This is simply absolutely unbelievable.

Then he decided to take a break, and retired. He deserves to do any danged thing he pleases!

And from what I remember never fired from any job.

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer

How old will he be at the end of Collins’ contract?

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Unfortunately he's not coaching what would have been a pretty loaded GT team, and that apparently has a good defense this year... Oliver, Kirvonte Benson, Jordan Mason, Dontae Smith, Jerry Howard, Parker Braun, etc.

I buy the idea that our O with our current roster would be performing at a much higher level given their experience in his system and his skills at play calling. But our D with the same players would be performing worse, because that was a hallmark of his teams every bit as much as the offensive proficiency. IIWII.

frankly, this transition was inevitably going to be painful given CPJ's recruiting tendencies as others have stated. I am willing to go through it now rather than later.

Boaty1

Helluva Engineer
You digging this 1-3 start too, huh. I feel ya.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If we wanted to win 6 games again we would have brought in an option coach and been locked in there due to the lack of talent that will play for a program that runs that.

Very little of what this staff is doing is for the present. It’s all future focused. It’s just rubbing a lot of people the wrong way because we aren’t used to losing like this. Unfortunately that is where our talent level has been. CPJ was a genius.