What to do with Bruce Swilling?

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
bJS should be inside.He doesn't have enough flexibility to play in space.On that embarrassing long run by the Lville 2nd QB , bJS actually missed him TWICE. ---5 others also missed him.

Jack in this scheme doesnt play in space much. Glorified rush end. With that said dont recall stating he should be outside in this post. Imo i think he could be a good jack player for us. He had enough athleticism and length to rush. He is not a S hybrid. He can be a good 2 point rusher though. In mlb spot he has not shown to be physical enough yet.

The play u mention not many lb gonna catch that little scatt back **** ****er

alagold

Helluva Engineer
Jack in this scheme doesnt play in space much. Glorified rush end. With that said dont recall stating he should be outside in this post. Imo i think he could be a good jack player for us. He had enough athleticism and length to rush. He is not a S hybrid. He can be a good 2 point rusher though. In mlb spot he has not shown to be physical enough yet.

The play u mention not many lb gonna catch that little scatt back **** ****er

And I hate to say it but as to "catching him"--OURS certainly are not going to do unfortunately.A BIG BIG reason our DEF is not good.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
He didn’t play Running Back here for a reason, USC and LSU were all over him for running back but he wanted to play at Tech. Probably would’ve played Running Back at Tech if we ran a normal offense.
He actually wanted to play LB wherever he went from what I’ve heard. He said he gives him the opportunity to play football longer compared to RB.

slugboy

Staff member
bJS should be inside.He doesn't have enough flexibility to play in space.On that embarrassing long run by the Lville 2nd QB , bJS actually missed him TWICE. ---5 others also missed him.

That player is gonna make a lot of players look bad in run coverage

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Once 51 was chosen to make call, that put 12 as a backup.

12 is a monster when he hits his man.

Hope we find a way to Turn this Yellow Jacket Loose.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
What I would like to see.
Campbell - hybrid
BJS - ILB
Henderson - ILB
Thomas - OLB

Carpenter - SS
Thomas - FS

Lavoisier

Ramblin' Wreck
He has a super high ceiling. I'm glad the young guys are picking up the defense and we don't have to simplify all the time like we did with Roof. Different people learn at different rates so it'll be interesting to see who else emerges by the end of the year. The best part about it is that the coaches have said that they haven't even finished installing the whole defense yet.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I think CNW (from the offers I’ve seen the D give out) is trying to get ultra athletic guys inside and the same outside except the outside need to be bigger guys with good length. 6’1-6’2 and 220-240 at ILB and 6’2-6’4 at OLB around 240-250 at OLB. He could play either 2 OLB’s like that, depending on who we are playing, or a guy at stinger in the mold of Thomas or Oliver.