What needs to happen for you to want to keep CPJ?

What needs to happen for you to want to keep CPJ?

• Keep him no matter what

Votes: 158 61.7%
  • Fire him no matter what

Votes: 14 5.5%
  • At least 8 wins

Votes: 64 25.0%
  • Beat uga

Votes: 20 7.8%

• Total voters

91Wreck

Jolly Good Fellow
I said it earlier in this thread - if CPJ gets to 9 wins he deserves a contract extension. Regardless of what happens in the last two games I am in 100% agreement that he deserves said extension. I expected us to be 8-4 before all of the off season turmoil. After all of the dismissals and injuries I thought we might struggle to win seven. For this team to win nine regular season games is a testament to the fact that CPJ can both recruit and coach at this level. My hat is off to him, the other coaches, and the players. IT IS GREAT TO BE A YELLOW JACKET!

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
i still want to wait till we play good rest of year and start of next year AND beat ND
That will get all of the hold outs will get on board, join gtaa big time, help w recruiting, drive to games here and away.
As soon as atomic will get on board , the train is ready to go.

GPD

Jolly Good Fellow
Guys, seriously, it would be certifiably insane to not retain our coach.... pure irrational nuttiness.

Consider these things: Performance that is on a clear upward trajectory, recruiting upward trajectory, and the built in challenges that we have, and the manner in which our coaches and players represent us...

With sincere respect to anyone who has a different opinion, a coaching change for us at this time is unthinkable....

Better get busy locking these guys up so we can capitalize on the momentum we currently enjoy.

thwgjacket

Think someone else tries to hire CPJ away?
UVA, Pitt and I even have a buddy who's an NC State alum who wants to get rid of Doeren and hire CPJ now. Those are just possibilities I can think of in our conference. James Connor in a option offense would be.... well I don't even want to think about that.

thwgjacket

Pj is in his 50's he has just built us to where he wants us. No way he takes a worse job at Pitt, uva or nc state. Those programs need real rebuilding and Paul isn't going to do that
Oh I don't think he would go to another school if we offered him an extension, just saying those schools would definitely look at him if they fired their coach. The only one he might go to IMO would be NC State since he is from North Carolina.