What music are you listening to?

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Saw Dylan at the Fox Theater this year and was emotionally impacted in ways I didn’t expect. I’ve seen more than a few shows at the Fox and I often don’t like the sound but this was the best sound I’ve ever heard from a singer and band at the Fox. Very balanced.
I had front row seats at Chastain years ago for Dylan. Was like magic.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I had front row seats at Chastain years ago for Dylan. Was like magic.
Maybe I’ve shared before but I’ve seen Dylan 6 times now and my favorite concert was probably seeing him with The Band at Madison Square Garden. Almost a tie though with Rolling Thunder Review where he sang with Joan Biaz, Areatha Franklin, T-Bone Burnett and Roger McGuin among others.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I saw Mavis Staples (of Staple Singers/Staple Family fame this past Saturday night. She is 83 years old but what a show she puts on. Small band (guitar, bass, and drums plus 2 backup vocalists). I strongly encourage you to see her if you like the blues/gospel/ R & B type of music. One of my favorite live performances I have ever witnessed.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
They just don't make 'em like this anymore

didn't @kg01 ask we not unmask him?

Excited Stephen Colbert GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

Lone Star Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Gotta go with James Taylor - seen him three times in concert and his voice is still as good as ever. Last time was recently with Jackson Browne - the contrast was noticeable - JT sounded the same, Jackson Browne nowhere near what he once was.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
The indisputable best that there ever was. And I am not saying that just because he is from Georgia. This artist is even better than Willie Nelson or Dylan (but he's the only one better than Willie and not by a lot).Singing maybe the best Christmas song ever. Merry Christmas friends. Santa has come early here. Enjoy.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Holy ****. I heard this on Sirius XM radio the other day. Whatever the hillbilly/redneck equivalent to gangsta rap is called, if it even has a name, this is an example....and it predates the gangsta stuff by several decades. Johnny Paycheck is a legend but this song (obviously) didn't get much airplay.Warning: graphic/explicit content to follow.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Not actually something I am listening to, but I saw a news story that he is being sued because of this video so I then watched it. Apparently the police got a warrant because they somehow believed he had kidnap victims and was trafficking drugs. (The drugs I can believe, but the kidnapping is kind of off the wall) Music isn't great, but it is funny.