What music are you listening to?

GoldZ

Ramblin' Wreck
Beach Music on Pandora. Good facsimile of frat jukebox in 60s/70s. Yes, someone is an OF.
Also like Toes on Pandora.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
This thread is almost dormant, but I want to introduce all the Swarm music fans to "A History of Rock Music in 500 Songs." They're at song 172 this week and it's Hickory Wind by The Byrds. The CD containing the song is Sweetheart of the Rodeo. The birth of Country Rock. Enjoy.

Ramble1885

Helluva Engineer
My favorite band all time is Phoenix, I've been a fan of their music since I was 3, although I've gotten really into Simple Minds in the last year, and they just might pass Phoenix into my top spot.

Other bands I like: Tears for Fears, Depeche Mode, New Order, Bruce Hornsby + The Range, INXS, LCD Soundsystem, The System, The Gap Band, Foals.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
My favorite band all time is Phoenix, I've been a fan of their music since I was 3, although I've gotten really into Simple Minds in the last year, and they just might pass Phoenix into my top spot.

Other bands I like: Tears for Fears, Depeche Mode, New Order, Bruce Hornsby + The Range, INXS, LCD Soundsystem, The System, The Gap Band, Foals.
I’m sensing you like ambiant sounds. At least that’s what codgers my age would call it. But if it’s the soundscape you grew up with it may not even sound ambient to you.

Thanks for sharing! And how did the spell check on here come up with two spellings for ambient?

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
I’m sensing you like ambiant sounds. At least that’s what codgers my age would call it. But if it’s the soundscape you grew up with it may not even sound ambient to you.

Thanks for sharing! And how did the spell check on here come up with two spellings for ambient?
Would call Hord's taste more new wave than ambient. When I think of ambient musicians, I think Brian Eno, Aphex Twin, etc

Ramble1885

Helluva Engineer
Would call Hord's taste more new wave than ambient. When I think of ambient musicians, I think Brian Eno, Aphex Twin, etc
I'd say the music I like varies from groovy to headphone music lol.

I like rock that isn't hard. AC/DC is where I draw the line.

Oh also I didn't mention I like some classic rock. Queen, Genesis, and Yes in particular.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
I'm not into Hip Hop. It isn't exactly Hip Hop, but kind of based on it. With my guitar interest, I have been listening to Polyphia. Tim Henson is a heck of a guitarist and is doing things very differently than people before him.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I'd say the music I like varies from groovy to headphone music lol.

I like rock that isn't hard. AC/DC is where I draw the line.

Oh also I didn't mention I like some classic rock. Queen, Genesis, and Yes in particular.
People are funny about labeling music. I think they are only suggestions. They can be used in precise ways only to a point. Some would call Queen “stadium rock” and some would call Genesis and Yes “progressive or prog rock.” But I wonder if we are moving toward a point where all rock before a particular time is called “classic” just like classical music has become a broad category requiring sub sections like baroque or romantic?

Anyway, doesn’t matter. You have interesting an eclectic tastes.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
The current edition of 500 songs has this one. It brought "house" down at Woodstock. I saw him live once when I was too young to be there with all the booze and weed.0

That version always sent chills for me and felt like thunder crashing on a mountain. Hard not to want to scream while listening. And that’s all a good thing.