What music are you listening to?

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Took my son to see 7 Bridges tonight at Newtown in John’s Creek, Ga. They are the Eagles cover band. Had a blast. Fantastic. We went to Queen Nation last month and will follow them up to Buford on June 18. They are the cover for Queen. Very good.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I have a mix I put together that is in a certain tonal, aural range that I listen to when I’m in a “certain mood.” Some of the covers are:

Tomorrow Never Knows -Junior Parker
The End -The Raveonettes
The Air That I Breathe -k.d. Lang
Blue Eyes Crying In The Rain -Sally Timms, Jon Langford
I’m So Lonesome I Could Cry -Cowboy Junkies
This Magic Moment -Rachael Cantu
It’s All Over Now, Baby Blue -Marianne Fairhful

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I have a mix I put together that is in a certain tonal, aural range that I listen to when I’m in a “certain mood.” Some of the covers are:

Tomorrow Never Knows -Junior Parker
The End -The Raveonettes
The Air That I Breathe -k.d. Lang
Blue Eyes Crying In The Rain -Sally Timms, Jon Langford
I’m So Lonesome I Could Cry -Cowboy Junkies
This Magic Moment -Rachael Cantu
It’s All Over Now, Baby Blue -Marianne Fairhful
This is a pretty obscure playlist. I can only guess about the mood this is working for because I have the Trinity Sessions CD and it's maybe the slowest music I own. The reverb in the church leaves a strange overcast to the entire project. It's the only Cowboy Junkies CD I don't really like. If you don't have Blacked Eyed Man or Lay It Down by them you are missing some good sounds.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
This is a pretty obscure playlist. I can only guess about the mood this is working for because I have the Trinity Sessions CD and it's maybe the slowest music I own. The reverb in the church leaves a strange overcast to the entire project. It's the only Cowboy Junkies CD I don't really like. If you don't have Blacked Eyed Man or Lay It Down by them you are missing some good sounds.
Trinity Sessions is close but no cigar as an album but that track works with the mood of the playlist. Even the Marianne Faithful track (who I’m not a fan of) has an almost T-Rex sound to it.

Things often seem derivative to me and sometimes I like that and sometimes I don’t. Black Eyed Man will get my full attention with your recommendation now even though a cursory listen from back in the day made me think of a very polished Country Joe and the Fish. 🤪

Yeah, I like obscure and like putting together playlists that surprise people and keep them a little off guard.

Juanita

Georgia Tech Fan
Years ago, my boyfriend and I were travelling through SC. We stopped at the tracks for a passing train. Police officer came up to the window. He said: Do y'all know who James Brown is? He's sitting in that limo behind you. I jumped out of the truck with a pen and a piece of cardboard from some Reece's cups. JB was sitting in the back of the car in a white fishnet tank top. He was very gracious.

Juanita

Georgia Tech Fan
Guys on VN say: Pics or it didn't happen. Here ya go.

1654467132974.jpeg