What is this thing about Waffle House?

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Everyone loves Waffle House in the South. It’s an institution all it’s own. Historically GT has been viewed by most blue collar fans as an elitist school IMO..... I’m not sure why this is, but you never see pizza delivery guys wearing GT gear. Anything we can do to expand our fanbase is a step in the right direction.
I think he s planning many more steps in this direction.
I hope we support him.
404 Gt Swag Area Code

1BearJACKET

Jolly Good Fellow
This is interesting.

May I ask, does Waffle House donate to the GTAA?

Also: Do many high school football players eat at Waffle House?

And: Is Waffle House popular among high school students in general? Is it “a cool place to eat?”

Trying to understand more here ... some connection ... or whatever it might be.

My son is one year removed from High School football and I can tell you that after every home game, he and many of his teammates would show up at the closest Waffle House for a post game meal. And I am sure that those players that were underclassmen still do.

I assume that hungry ball players all over the country do the same.

dwhite1159

Georgia Tech Fan
It's all about branding the ATL. Waffle House is the ultimate Atlanta hang out spot. CGC is trying to brand Georgia Tech as the ultimate school in the ultimate city. This is why everything he is tweeting is about the "ATL", 404 (area code), etc

FYI, the Waffle House at Tech Square is the highest grossing Waffle House in the world. Kids can actually use their buzz cards to eat there.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Everyone loves Waffle House in the South. It’s an institution all it’s own. Historically GT has been viewed by most blue collar fans as an elitist school IMO..... I’m not sure why this is, but you never see pizza delivery guys wearing GT gear. Anything we can do to expand our fanbase is a step in the right direction.

In the South we are more accustomed to the WH. In other parts of the country it is more of a novelty.

But I will say, WH is pretty consistent and we have gone to many a Bar & Grill, paid 3 to 4 times more and got crap food and worse service. Plus WH ALWAYS there rain, snow , ice, etc.

Regarding pizza delivery guys in GT gear, we got 2 in Dacula that come to our house with GT plates (I don't think they can wear anything but uniform) and we always tip them more than the other guys.