What happened ?

Buzz776g

Jolly Good Fellow
By any chance did you once live by the sparkling waters of Cleveland's great Cuyahoga, where the sparkles were, like, real, because it caught fire?
Nope. Chicago => Atlanta 36 years ago. Good guess, though. I remember when that happened.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Nope. Chicago => Atlanta 36 years ago. Good guess, though. I remember when that happened.
I miss the South's real gangster pols like Edwards and Wallace and Talmadge et al, and now only in the midwest can we get politicians with pizzazz. They even go to jail with style. But in Cleveland the river caught fire, the mayor set his hair on fire with a welding torch, and his wife bless her little heart told the president's wife no to a dinner invitation because it was her bowling night. I miss 'em.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer

The song is called "Burn On"

Several wonderful lines, like "Cleveland, city of light, city of magic."

Great lyrics, but there were times that James Taylor's Fire and Rain fit perfectly. Cleveland was once a great sports town and could easily be again, but those guys owning the pro teams should stick to being owners.

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer
Don't know where to post this...
I just ran into Brad Stewart at a breakfast place here in Savannah. Asked him how he was doing, created some small talk. He said he was looking forward to coaches runs and spring practice. Naturally, being a frequent visitor to this site, I asked him if he was excited about the incoming freshmen. His exact words, "Both of the guys that came in early, are BEASTS. Mills is already lifting more than guys that are veterans in the program, and Bridges isn't far behind." He also seems to think that BB is loaded, with 6 potential starters. I'm beyond excited for the season to start!!!!!

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Thanks for sharing this.

Mills was always one of my favorites in this class. Still do not know how certain other programs let him slip away.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I just ran into Brad Stewart at a breakfast place here in Savannah. Asked him how he was doing, created some small talk. He said he was looking forward to coaches runs and spring practice. Naturally, being a frequent visitor to this site, I asked him if he was excited about the incoming freshmen. His exact words, "Both of the guys that came in early, are BEASTS. Mills is already lifting more than guys that are veterans in the program, and Bridges isn't far behind." He also seems to think that BB is loaded, with 6 potential starters. I'm beyond excited for the season to start!!!!!

Fwiw, I like how you make it sound like y'all didn't go there together.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Annnnnd we get our first football relevant post immediately after moving this thread to the Lounge, smh...

;)