What happened ?

Milwaukee

Banned
I tend to stick up for New England beers. Most people have heard of Sam Adams but what I did not know until I moved up here is that almost every little town has a micro pub or brewery. Most of the best stuff does not leave the region.

Of the better "traveled" bears I really like Long Trail (Vermont) on tap. Their Ale and their Double Bag (think deeper, darker Guinness) are quite good. If you are ever in Vermont I recommend a trip to their brewery. They have very loyal customers who, for some reason, are committed to being photographed drinking this beer in every conceivable outdoor adventure, including on top of Mount Everest.

Wachusett (Massachusetts) has a blue berry beer that beats any other beer of its type I have ever tried. Orono Brewing Company out of Maine uses techniques and ingredients from famous beers around the world and does a really credible job.

Sam Adam's Cold Snap is off the chain.

CTJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I tend to stick up for New England beers. Most people have heard of Sam Adams but what I did not know until I moved up here is that almost every little town has a micro pub or brewery. Most of the best stuff does not leave the region.

Of the better "traveled" bears I really like Long Trail (Vermont) on tap. Their Ale and their Double Bag (think deeper, darker Guinness) are quite good. If you are ever in Vermont I recommend a trip to their brewery. They have very loyal customers who, for some reason, are committed to being photographed drinking this beer in every conceivable outdoor adventure, including on top of Mount Everest.

Wachusett (Massachusetts) has a blue berry beer that beats any other beer of its type I have ever tried. Orono Brewing Company out of Maine uses techniques and ingredients from famous beers around the world and does a really credible job.
Yes, there are some great breweries up here. Alchemist's Heady Topper and Lawson's Sip of Sunshine are some of the best beers in the country and darn near impossible to get outside of MA and CT. New England Brewing, Two Roads, Thimble Island are all great too.

CTJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
This is one of my favorite threads and I haven't contributed other than to complain about someone talking football :confused:

Since this seems focused on the Midwest so far I'll second/third New Glarus (specifically Spotted Cow) and add Founders, Bell's, and 3 Floyd's to my list of favorites. Favorite beer specifically is Ale Asylum's Velveteen Habit. Not so much a fan of their other stuff.

Asheville, NC and Portland, OR are the best beer scenes I've experienced in the States. Haven't spent enough time in the Midwest outside of Chicago to compare.
I'll try nearly anything that Founders puts out. Great brewery.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Moose Drool is a fantastic beer and part of a great trip to Boise. PJ Daniels smashing the bowl rushing record, skiing was great, huge food, outstanding beer, awesome minor league hockey and chicks that could plow your field during the day and plow you all night long. Not a town or trip for the wimpy or weak but overall a real blast if you're up to the challenge.