What happened ?

GlennW

Helluva Engineer
Yeah! Sometimes I think we have a minimum weight to live here and that's what those weigh stations on the interstate are really for.

I moved from Atlanta to Minneapolis for a couple of years so I know the area pretty well. My family stayed at the Great Wolf Lodge at the Wisconsin Dells and my daughter had a blast. It took me almost two years after I moved back to Georgia from Minnesota to totally defrost...

Buzz776g

Jolly Good Fellow
I grew up outside of Chicago, and we vacationed in Wisconsin when I was a kid. I absolutely loved it.

Here is a REAL COW. None of those Angus dudes for us!!
Holstein_heifer.jpg

jacket fan in dairyland

Jolly Good Fellow
I moved from Atlanta to Minneapolis for a couple of years so I know the area pretty well. My family stayed at the Great Wolf Lodge at the Wisconsin Dells and my daughter had a blast. It took me almost two years after I moved back to Georgia from Minnesota to totally defrost...
Yep, it's been 26 years for me since leaving Atlanta and sometimes I wonder if winter will ever end. We have no Spring to speak of due to cold winds off the lake. But summers and falls are great !

CHE90

Jolly Good Fellow
Yep, it's been 26 years for me since leaving Atlanta and sometimes I wonder if winter will ever end. We have no Spring to speak of due to cold winds off the lake. But summers and falls are great !
I live across the lake from you and it's definitely a trade-off. I will take the winters up here in exchange for the summer and fall.

GlennW

Helluva Engineer

I knew it was going to be "different" when I started looking for a house in June and I kept seeing all the fire hydrants having about 6' flags attached to them. I asked the Realtor I was working with about it and was told that was the only way the Firemen could find them in the winter at times because of how high the snow piled up. Then I noticed everybody still had their Christmas lights up on their roofs and they told me that it was just easier leaving them up for the few months of nice weather instead of fighting to take them down when it was bad.

I'm originally from South Georgia and I was saying to myself, what in the hell did I get myself into?

jacket fan in dairyland

Jolly Good Fellow
I live across the lake from you and it's definitely a trade-off. I will take the winters up here in exchange for the summer and fall.
Me too ! No hurricanes, earthquakes , very few tornados. Largest body of fresh water in the world next to us. It's an adjustment, but El Niño winters aren't too bad .......or is it global warming ??