What does Michael Cunningham have against

GTbball2016

Helluva Engineer
Why would any big that has a chance to work with Rev transfer? He’s a sophomore. Unless he’s going pro in Europe, that makes no sense.
If he’s not getting playing time now, then it’s hard to imagine he will after they bring in bigs from the portal.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Let me know if we’re in last place at the end of the year. This was always a transitional year to me. Stop complaining long enough to understand the dynamics of the struggle. This is not a veteran team, nor is it a team with all the right pieces. There are holes on the roster, and there are guys we’re relying on to be contributors that are still under development.

Most of us came into the season hoping a few things would break our way and we would have a shot at post season, but knew that the more likely scenario was that our young team might experience growing pains. That’s where we are at.

We’ve taking our lumps against a tough schedule and the ACC started as a gauntlet. I’m looking forward to seeing these guys against teams in the middle to bottom half.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I don't know, but everything I ever read about him was that he was a project and it would take 3-4 years before he was going to make a significant impact. Don't know if he ever will, but I'd say he's on that track.
247 had him as a 3*, so I was incorrect about his * rating.

Here is the 247 scouting report:

"European import has good size and length with a +4 wingspan. Impressive frame with wide shoulders and solid base. More mobile than athletic but either way moves very well for size. Can score facing up or posting up. Has plus hands and feet. Can improve efficiency both inside and out but has budding post moves and a decent stroke. Solid area rebounder. Has tools to defend opposing centers with coaching/strength. Upside as rim protector given size and length. Projects as high major starter."

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
Other sites had him as a low four-star. But all had the same basic appraisal that he “projects” to a high major starter. Question is how long does it take for the projection to come through. UNC used to have a whole string of centers that never saw the court until their junior year and really didn’t play until their senior year. The concept that it would take Saba that long is not that different. Same as Huff at UVA.

The other dynamic is that the modern game is a much more mobile game which isn’t his strength

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
Let me know if we’re in last place at the end of the year. This was always a transitional year to me. Stop complaining long enough to understand the dynamics of the struggle. This is not a veteran team, nor is it a team with all the right pieces. There are holes on the roster, and there are guys we’re relying on to be contributors that are still under development.

Most of us came into the season hoping a few things would break our way and we would have a shot at post season, but knew that the more likely scenario was that our young team might experience growing pains. That’s where we are at.

We’ve taking our lumps against a tough schedule and the ACC started as a gauntlet. I’m looking forward to seeing these guys against teams in the middle to bottom half.
Based on our remaining schedule I expect us to end up with 6 or 7 conference wins. To date this season has been a complete disaster. One quality win to date.

We don’t have any particular strength as a team and we have several weaknesses. Why, simple, we lack the players with the skills to be a top tier ACC team. Why is that the case. Again simple, recruting failures repeatedly by the coaching staff.

CJP needs to hit a couple of home runs from the Portal after this season or next year will be worse. Next fall he needs to sign a couple of top 100-150 players or GTBB will be in a downward spiral.

Last year was great. It seems more like an anomaly rather than the norm.

I

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Based on our remaining schedule I expect us to end up with 6 or 7 conference wins. To date this season has been a complete disaster. One quality win to date.

We don’t have any particular strength as a team and we have several weaknesses. Why, simple, we lack the players with the skills to be a top tier ACC team. Why is that the case. Again simple, recruting failures repeatedly by the coaching staff.

CJP needs to hit a couple of home runs from the Portal after this season or next year will be worse. Next fall he needs to sign a couple of top 100-150 players or GTBB will be in a downward spiral.
Yeah, that’s it. There’s a number things to point to for this years struggles, but it is mostly last years 4*’s trying to find their way.

Why you mad? It’s not if you have bought season tickets (or even a single ticket for that matter) or made some sort of donation. Some of us actually go to games and support the program, others jump on the message board after a loss and try to sound like we know what we are talking about.

Which one are you?

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, that’s it. There’s a number things to point to for this years struggles, but it is mostly last years 4*’s trying to find their way.

Why you mad? It’s not if you have bought season tickets (or even a single ticket for that matter) or made some sort of donation. Some of us actually go to games and support the program, others jump on the message board after a loss and try to sound like we know what we are talking about.

Which one are you?
Hard to fly 650 miles to make a game. And none of you gibberish makes anything I said untrue. Until CJP starts consistently recruiting at an upper tier ACC level we will be a lower tier ACC BB game.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Hard to fly 650 miles to make a game. And none of you gibberish makes anything I said untrue. Until CJP starts consistently recruiting at an upper tier ACC level we will be a lower tier ACC BB game.

Nah, it ain’t difficult at all. I’m sure theres an airport nearby. As far as recruiting goes, educate yourself…we just had our best class in many,many years.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
Nah, it ain’t difficult at all. I’m sure theres an airport nearby. As far as recruiting goes, educate yourself…we just had our best class in many,many years.
Yup that 2021 class of zero recruits is great. The 2019 class of zero recruits was great as well.

If you think CJP recruits at an upper tier ACC level I can’t help your clouded vision. CJP has not his entire tenure at GT. One good class in 6 years of recruits not dependent on a once in a lifetime nobody becoming the ACC Player of the Year won’t cut it. This year is a fairly typical CJP season. Start the season with a bad loss. Play poorly in OOC games, start poorly in ACC play. Now we will see if we can win 8 ACC games. Not likely. But tip the cap to you for being a true believer.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Yup that 2021 class of zero recruits is great. The 2019 class of zero recruits was great as well.

If you think CJP recruits at an upper tier ACC level I can’t help your clouded vision. CJP has not his entire tenure at GT. One good class in 6 years of recruits not dependent on a once in a lifetime nobody becoming the ACC Player of the Year won’t cut it. This year is a fairly typical CJP season. Start the season with a bad loss. Play poorly in OOC games, start poorly in ACC play. Now we will see if we can win 8 ACC games. Not likely. But tip the cap to you for being a true believer.
Like I said, educate yourself and follow along so that you don’t come off like a dumb-dumb when you open your mouth.

gtbync

Jolly Good Fellow
Like I said, educate yourself and follow along so that you don’t come off like a dumb-dumb when you open your mouth.
I guess you can't be a fan of you don't go to every game, and then some fans wonder about how to attract more fans. If you say you're you feel unless it's something positive that some fans want to hear, you aren't paying attention to what's going on