What does Michael Cunningham have against

sgreer

Jolly Good Fellow
Based on our remaining schedule I expect us to end up with 6 or 7 conference wins. To date this season has been a complete disaster. One quality win to date.

We don’t have any particular strength as a team and we have several weaknesses. Why, simple, we lack the players with the skills to be a top tier ACC team. Why is that the case. Again simple, recruting failures repeatedly by the coaching staff.

CJP needs to hit a couple of home runs from the Portal after this season or next year will be worse. Next fall he needs to sign a couple of top 100-150 players or GTBB will be in a downward spiral.

Last year was great. It seems more like an anomaly rather than the norm.

I
A lot of experience on that team. I would have to think it’s going to take 4 years to make the NCAA tourney again.

gtbync

Jolly Good Fellow

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer

gtbync

Jolly Good Fellow
There is literally a section titled official champion that spells it out for you. It is literally defined in the ACC by laws how the official champion is determined. You were just flat out wrong when you said GT wasn't the ACC champion last year.
I said they was the tournament champions not regular season, two different champions

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
Regular season champions get the number one seed in the ACC tournament and that was Virginia, ACC tournament champions get the automatic bid into the NCAA tournament, that was GT.
There is no such thing as the ACC Regular Season Champion in basketball. That is simply a made up term for the team with the best Conference record. That team is the top seed in the ACC BB Tournament which determines the ACC BB Champion. This isn’t rocket science.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Saying you would rather be the regular season champion vs the Tournament champion is equivalent to saying you would rather be a 1 seed than win the NCAA tournament
The regular season champion was concocted by Dean Smith who would claim his team was the regular season champion when it was actually the number one seed in the ACC tournament. The ACC champion is the winner of the tournament and gets the automatic bid to the NCAA tournament. Only the winner would go to the tournament back then. It got expanded several years ago to allow more teams so the ACCT lost some of its importance. The UNC crowd made sure Greensboro was a regular site for the ACCT back then to give them a home crowd advantage.

gtbync

Jolly Good Fellow
Screenshot_20220131-115425.png

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
The ACC started recognizing it a few years ago but it was created by Dean because he felt the full season champ was worthy of recognition. They would hang a banner as regular season champs before it became recognized. Back then the team with the best record could miss the NCAA tournament if they lost in the ACCT. When I first moved to CH they were still playing in Carmichael. There were some great ACC teams that lived or died by the ACCT. UNC NCSU Maryland were great. ACC was 8 teams when Tech joined.