What do you consider to be a successful season?

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
... something we won't see this year [emoji20]

If we beat UGa and/or make a Bowl Game, it will be a successful season. :sigh

Jim Prather

Helluva Engineer
I thought before last season even ended that this team would be a 7+ win team. I think anything less than 7 wins will be a major disappointment and a poor coaching job. At this point I am expecting to be extremely disappointed...

The Rev.

Georgia Tech Fan
I was expecting 6-7 wins, but, realistically, I've now conceded that we don't have the size, experience or depth on the line (OL or DL) to expect much this year. I'm looking to the next decade (2020-beyond) for improvement. There is so much work to do from a development and recruiting standpoint, but this coaching staff clearly knows that.

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
My preseason prediction was 3 wins which I don't think we are going to reach now but I'd at least like to see improvement throughout the year and hopefully not a complete dumpster fire on offense every week. I mean I'm still watching no matter what but I don't want my eyes to bleed every game

swarmer

Ramblin' Wreck
Initially, I was thinking 5 to 6 wins would be successful. Now, success means;
  1. Show OL improvement each game.
  2. Stay healthy.
  3. Regain confidence in the kicking game.
  4. Develop a competent offensive game plan.
  5. Throw for 200 yards in a game.

Top 25 recruiting class. Bring in 5 more transfers that can play next year. 2 on OL and a QB.
Not much that happens on Saturday’s matters. But 4 wins would be gravy since I laid money on +3.5

grandpa jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Initially, I was thinking 5 to 6 wins would be successful. Now, success means;
  1. Show OL improvement each game.
  2. Stay healthy.
  3. Regain confidence in the kicking game.
  4. Develop a competent offensive game plan.
  5. Throw for 200 yards in a game.
After that Citadel debacle, your question is hard to answer

GT_EE78

Banned
6-7 , not saying it's realistic at this point just that it's what i'd call successful for this year and next.
Maybe CGC could help build a winning culture by declaring GT won't accept a bowl bid if if 6-6 ?
(i know there's value from the extra game practice time ,but could be a motivation tool)

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Before season, it was 500 in the acc for me.

Now, it's evident improvement over the season, better than their ave ppd numbers against most pwr5 opponents.

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
No more embarrassing the school, the fans, and the players. The coaches have to have this team prepared every week. I don't care if we go 1-11 this year, just play strong, solid, competitive football. We lost a ton of respect in the football world last week, get it back.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
I wonder if we’ll break top 40 in average star?

Even if we can get to top 25 (using whatever method they want), if our coaches can't out think the other teams that do recruit consistently in the top 15, it won't matter. I am hoping that I am just not seeing the coaching acumen yet.

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
I agree with what most of you have said. Most important to me are:
1. A solid recruiting class. I’m sure some recruits will have second thoughts if the results on the field are bad, but if we can keep our commits and add a couple more good ones, I really believe that will say more to other potential recruits than the number of wins.
2. Continuous improvement, especially on offense. Game planning and/or in-game decisions look like a bit of a cluster right now, but I think (hope?) that will settle down into at least some semi-consistency.
As far as defense is concerned, while the Citadel game was alarming, I agree with ibeattetris — at least I don’t think “oh, no, here they come again” every time our D takes the field.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk