What do you consider to be a successful season?

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
1- Isnt going to happen
2- Too late for that
3- This is important. If we arent scoring very many points, we need those 3's. Its obvious that our D is gonna have to keep us in games. Need the FG's badly.
4- This is where Coach Pnode has to check his ego at the door. Get back to the basics. They cant perform their roles if they cant do the simple things.
5- That should be easy to do! Install a short and mid passing game, these kids arent Tom Brady, not every ball needs to be a bomb. Be modest and efficient.

and lastly, there seems to be a communication problem from the sideline to the guys on the Oline and it's killing us. We gotta make sure everyone is on the same page otherwise we are just shooting ourselves in the foot. I really want to see some humbleness next week. No more stupid unsportsmanlike, the baddest dudes dont run their mouths. Example: Tobias Oliver

Jacketman

Jolly Good Fellow
Make a bowl game. Regardless of the abomination that we watched last Saturday, I feel like we have the talent to get to 6, especially with the Coastal being so weak. Really, it's up to P-nude whether or not we make a bowl.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
Initially, I was thinking 5 to 6 wins would be successful. Now, success means;
  1. Show OL improvement each game.
  2. Stay healthy.
  3. Regain confidence in the kicking game.
  4. Develop a competent offensive game plan.
  5. Throw for 200 yards in a game.
I thought we were good for 5-7 wins at the start of the season. I think injuries (and losing Braun) have made that incredibly unlikely.

I've tempered my expectations and wins aren't apart of how I'll define success anymore this year. I want to see improvement. If a walkon lineman gets beat in week 8, that's okay. If a lineman looks around confused for someone to block in week 8, I will be concerned. If the QB doesn't have a pocket, and he tries to make due, that's fine. In the rare instance where he has time, is he finding the right receiver and trying to get him the ball? If it's a bad throw, that's fine as long as the decisions are correct.

For defense, I like what I've seen apart from Citadel. I have become so accustomed to the poor defenses we've trotted out the in the past that I'm just happy to not be dreading every time they take the field.

I am going to be upset after any loss we have, but I have come to accept that it's going to be a bumpy road. As long as it appears we are going the right direction on the road I will feel alright.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Defensively I'll consider it a success if we show a consistent ability to make things difficult on the opponent. It will be hard to have great success against the better teams due to the weakness on the DL but overall if we can prevent parts of what other teams want to do I'll consider it a success even if they find something that take advantage of one of our holes (phrasing?) that we can't seem to respond to.

Offensively we need to identify what we have and who can develop into the pieces that we need. If we can go into the offseason at least with an idea of what parts of the playbook we can build around and what positions we need to fast track recruits into then it'd be some form of success.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Would nice but that could be a very ugly game.
Right now a successful season would be seeing our young defense improving. And at the end of the year CGC telling us who the new offensive coordinator will be next year.
Well then we shouldn't have lost to an FCS team. This is the only way to erase that mark on the season for me. Maybe winning the division too.