What’s the worst weather at a Tech game you can remember?

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Worst weather I have ever sat in for a game. Temp in the 30's, wind blowing, hard rain. It had rained for hours before the game. Only people left at the end were Tech fans. The UGA band left the stadium before halftime. It was so cold and wet my wife spent the second half in the rest room. What a GREAT win!!!!
I was working as a bag boy at the Big Apple in DeKalb County that day. I had on a poncho to bag groceries and take them to the cars but I was soaked through and through. I made over $50 in tips that day which was really good money for 1974. As a bonus, the produce manager had a radio on in the back of the store and would bring me timely updates. Early in the third quarter he said that Tech was running all over them and there was no way Georgia was going to make a comeback. That year Dooley threw it the towel and joined the parade of teams running the veer. The Dogs could move the ball and score but by UGA standards the defense was not too good and they made a lot of turnovers.

kittysniper101

Jolly Good Fellow
Lots of people shouting out this game and for good reason.

My favorite memory from this game was there was a drive early in the 2nd half where penalties backed UNC up to their own goal line in front of SWARM in the north endzone. If I recall, right as UNC broke the huddle to start the drive, an absolute monsoon broke out. Hardly anybody was in the stadium at this point but I never experience a louder SWARM during my time as a student than that moment.
That specific series is one of my favorite memories at Tech. It was parent's weekend 2013, my senior year. Only my dad was game enough to brave the storm with me, but he joined us in the student section. As you said, everyone had left, but those few that stayed were just yelling their heads off and it was so fun to be a part of. We sacked them on third and short and then forced a false start on the ensuing punt. A super critical series after an up and down first half.

BurdellJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
1970 Tulane,stayed the complete game in the rain.

I was wondering if anyone would mention that one. It was already raining as we walked up the ramp. My wife, at the time, dropped my pint bottle of antifreeze that had been Jack Daniels onto the concrete ramp. With that things went steadily downhill.

It was raining as we took our seats, and it would continue. Some time early in the third quarter, I said, "At least it can't get any harder," and sure enough it got harder. I mean it was coming down in buckets - big buckets and continued as we walked all the way to the car.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
The ACCCG against Wake was not the WORST weather but it was a quite miserable overall game experience IMO and always the game I think about when I think about sitting in the rain angry at a game.
That game tills ticks me off. We played conservatively, didn’t play to win, played not to lose, relied on defense and field position, and made Wake look like one of the top teams in the nation. That game and losing to uga every year made me wish for a new coach.

Thwg777

Ramblin' Wreck
That game tills ticks me off. We played conservatively, didn’t play to win, played not to lose, relied on defense and field position, and made Wake look like one of the top teams in the nation. That game and losing to uga every year made me wish for a new coach.

Arggg, I was there too. My whiskey-glazed eyes may be deceiving me, but Calvin was a full head taller than their DBs. I recall them taking a (smart) PI early in the game to save a TD, but when Chan got those daunting 3-0 and 6-3 leads, we played full on “prevent” offense and nursed those leads.

That one especially hurt coming off of the 15-12 game in the cesspool with Reggie’s 8.9 QPR performance.

DC Bee

Ramblin' Wreck
“Can remember” disqualifies many of the games I’ve been to - especially losses.

I do recall thinking I was going to die of hypothermia - IN MIAMI, FL - at the 2010 Orange Bowl v Iowa.

Edit to add, this may not count as a memory either since according to the fair and unbiased NCAA, this game never happened due to $300 worth of clothes.
I was going to say that Orange Bowl as well. A lot of bourbon helped ease both the cold and the loss

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
Memorial Stadium, Clemson.
Constant rain. 100% rain from 2pm through the night. We got to Clemson about 30 minutes before kickoff and had to walk over a mile in the rain. We were not prepared🤣. We didn't have a poncho, we didn't have anything. I was wearing a t-shirt and shorts, my wife was wearing flip flops and shorts and a blouse. We looked like drowned rats. We stayed through the entire game though! We were freezing cold and sat in water the whole game.

We weren't prepared because we were out at the mall of GA over an hour away from home. A buddy called me told me he couldn't make it to the game and offered us tickets. We said heck yeah! Without looking at the weather. We had to drop everything and leave right then. We were gifted $400 worth of tickets so we felt like we had to go, haha.

Big mistake.🤣

The condensed version of the game is below. When we got home I watched some of the recorded game. I could swear you could hear me scream out "AH S#IT!" After the GT fumble 🤣

doesn't like it was that long-ago...horrible game

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
CPJ’s offense obliterated Miami in that game, they wanted to leave by halftime
If this is about the 2008 Miami game, I was there with a bunch of friends that left as GT fans. Cold as a bugger. I looked like Michelin Man with a 4x white T-shirt stretched over a heavy jacket.