Western Carolina

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
The Catamounts are coming down from the hills of North Carolina this weekend.
#190 RPI

Other threads say Hurter may be done for season & Xay may "rest" this weekend. That is significant; but shouldn't really prevent Tech from winning 3 this weekend... assuming the offense clicks... which it should.

WCU looks to be better offensively than pitching & defense. Tech should managed to put a lot of runners on base. WCU ranks very poorly in all pitching categories & fielding percentage.

Just win.....by outscoring them. (y)

Deleted member 2897

#190 RPI

Other threads say Hurter may be done for season & Xay may "rest" this weekend. That is significant; but shouldn't really prevent Tech from winning 3 this weekend... assuming the offense clicks... which it should.

WCU looks to be better offensively than pitching & defense. Tech should managed to put a lot of runners on base. WCU ranks very poorly in all pitching categories & fielding percentage.

Just win, by any means necessary. As long as that means by a comfortable margin. Because we are all selfish bastards who are concerned more about our own personal in-game angst than anything else.

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
#190 RPI

Bash 'em

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
We lose 11 or 74 rpi points versus Western Carolina today. So we drop 1 or 3 spots from #7, assuming no other games.

Hope Florida sweeps @ugag. Only costs us 5.4 rpi points a game but would be priceless in entertainment.

bensaysitathome

Ramblin' Wreck
We lose 11 or 74 rpi points versus Western Carolina today. So we drop 1 or 3 spots from #7, assuming no other games.

Hope Florida sweeps @ugag. Only costs us 5.4 rpi points a game but would be priceless in entertainment.

I was just looking at this too. Really surprised it's only 11 points. On the flip side, a loss to WC is very bad, so while we can sweep and generally hold position, we really need the sweep to stay in the Nat. Seed conversation.

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
The reasons to move CT to Friday are piling up.

It’s funny because there always seems to be a large portion of fanbases lobbying to move their ace to Day 2 of the regionals - especially for hosts. To make sure you get the 2nd win in the tougher matchup assuming your #2 is good enough to beat the 4 seed.

I think at this point we leave it how it is.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
GT's game notes not published.... WCU's say it's Willingham, CT, Roedig... Fri, Sat, Sun.
Get used to this....it's the rest of the season and certainly next year (except without CT next year).

I just noticed that LSU (no slouch of a college baseball program) decided to move their Friday night starter for the past two seasons...into their bullpen. (s a footnote, he had been a bullpen guy...very effectively...in his frosh year and has had a rocky time as a starter.) As I read the article, I couldn't help thinking that Hall would never in a million years do that.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
It’s funny because there always seems to be a large portion of fanbases lobbying to move their ace to Day 2 of the regionals - especially for hosts. To make sure you get the 2nd win in the tougher matchup assuming your #2 is good enough to beat the 4 seed.

I think at this point we leave it how it is.
This is a great 'debate'...I understand the idea you're positing.

I'm both a simpleton ...and worse, an old man curmudgeon. To me, you're simply out-thinking things if you don't pitch your very best pitcher available for the next game in a 'tournament'. Put your best pitcher in Game1.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
I like to have the ace pitch on Saturday of the Regionals because of the bullpen. If your starter can go 6 innings for that first game, you're probably going to have to use 2 or 3 guys out of the pen that you can't use on Saturday. Those guys can definitely be used again on Sunday, but not on Saturday. CT is the most likely of our pitchers to go 7 or 8 innings which we need for the bullpen to be able to be replenished for the final game.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
I like to have the ace pitch on Saturday of the Regionals because of the bullpen. If your starter can go 6 innings for that first game, you're probably going to have to use 2 or 3 guys out of the pen that you can't use on Saturday. Those guys can definitely be used again on Sunday, but not on Saturday. CT is the most likely of our pitchers to go 7 or 8 innings which we need for the bullpen to be able to be replenished for the final game.
You may have just made me crack. I think I'm onboard with this rationale.

I'll hold full support up & until Tech wins in regional that follows your predicted pattern here. ;)