Western Carolina

GTJon

Jolly Good Fellow
Going to put a lot of pressure on everybody but especially X and CT in the postseason. Previously, I thought we'd be in decent shape even if we lost one of the first 2 games in the regional with the depth of the pitching staff. But now, if you lose one of those first 2, you've got to play 5 games so would need to win starts by Roedig and Willingham just to get to a 5th game where nobody would be fresh and ready to start.

And I don't even want to think about next year. What's our weekend rotation? Willingham, Roedig, Bartnicki I guess?

Deleted member 2897

Going to put a lot of pressure on everybody but especially X and CT in the postseason. Previously, I thought we'd be in decent shape even if we lost one of the first 2 games in the regional with the depth of the pitching staff. But now, if you lose one of those first 2, you've got to play 5 games so would need to win starts by Roedig and Willingham just to get to a 5th game where nobody would be fresh and ready to start.

And I don't even want to think about next year. What's our weekend rotation? Willingham, Roedig, Bartnicki I guess?

So we're down 2 of our 3 weekend starters. Seems about right for us.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Congratulations to every Ga Tech Student-Athlete on this list. ...but especially, the baseball guys:
Micah Carpenter
Jacob Esch
Josh Heddinger.

The demands on this kids are big. Their ability to get here, power through, and "get out" cannot be understated. Always one of my favorite baseball weekends when these guys are recognized as their stellar accomplishments converge and are highlighted. GO JACKETS!!!

https://ramblinwreck.com/65-student-athletes-set-to-graduate-from-georgia-tech/

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
Willingham looked to have a solid outing going before running into trouble in the T5. Jackets offense rebounded in B5 after missing some chances. 7-4 Tech B6 now and threatening to pile on some more.

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
Tech in fact blows it open in B6. Up 15-4 now and still batting. Nick Wilhite with SEVEN total bases this inning.

The Doddfather

Jolly Good Fellow
It was 6-4 when I last checked the score. The next time I did, I was listening to the radio, and we were putting up our 17th run. Nice jobs guys, we need this all weekend - 3 no pressure wins please.

NW GA JACKET

Jolly Good Fellow
Some pretty good stuff If you listen to the interviews on the baseball home page. A little different since CDH was suspended. Howell, Ramsey, and a couple of players who represent GT very well, not your usual “ you know” answers that you hear all the time, of course all of the players I’ve heard are very well spoken, just thought this segment was interesting because there was no CDH.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Some pretty good stuff If you listen to the interviews on the baseball home page. A little different since CDH was suspended. Howell, Ramsey, and a couple of players who represent GT very well, not your usual “ you know” answers that you hear all the time, of course all of the players I’ve heard are very well spoken, just thought this segment was interesting because there was no CDH.
I 2nd this. Ramsey seems like a real keeper. Hard to quantify his impact; but the things he & N.Wilhite say about each other are special.

Deleted member 2897

That was actually an embarrassing win....I hate to see anyone get beat that bad (but I'll take it).

Yup. We were even playing the water boy (who is legally blind and only has 1 arm) - not much else we could have done to hold the score down.

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
Yup. We were even playing the water boy (who is legally blind and only has 1 arm) - not much else we could have done to hold the score down.
Not as bad as UofL last week against Alabama A&M. 28-1 in the first game, IIRC, and they had 32 hits.