Western Carolina

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
WCU’s lineup actually isn’t bad. Especially at the top half. The guy who hit the 2 homers yesterday is hitting right at .400 with 12 bombs (albeit in the SoCon). They’ve definitely got some pop, and CT didn’t exactly carve them up like I’m sure many thought he would. Especially with their extremely lefty heavy lineup. Their pitching however... brutal. I think they’ve walked over 20 people through 2 days, and their defense doesn’t help out any. Just need to put it on them early again, and don’t wait around for them to answer back to start adding on like we have the past 2 days. Roedig needs to give another solid 5 inning+ outing like Willingham and CT have already done, and we’ll put this one on ice. Expecting nothing less than another 10+ run win tomorrow.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
For repetition sake, need to flush yesterday's game. No runs carry over. Just win today.

Will lose 11 or 72 rpi points today. Need to make it 11! One way to watch scores of games of rpi interest is here: http://warrennolan.com/baseball/2019/team-impact?team=Georgia-Tech

Currently 8th rpi since Tenn lost. Hope ugag loses two today.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Hopefully they can stretch Hughes’ arm out, because we need another dependable starter and he has had the experience.
I doubt we'd see Hughes starting. I think the "no-Xay" rotation is set as Willingham, CT, Roedig. And... Roedig would be expected to be on lowest pitch count & to use quite a few bullpen arms...Hughes top of list of multiple inning guy on days he's used.

Obviously, not having Xay is a real set back. Hope he's able to get right. Also adds pressure to CT to go deep in that Sat (2nd) slot to allow bullpen to get rested for the Roedig day.

Deleted member 2897

I doubt we'd see Hughes starting. I think the "no-Xay" rotation is set as Willingham, CT, Roedig. And... Roedig would be expected to be on lowest pitch count & to use quite a few bullpen arms...Hughes top of list of multiple inning guy on days he's used.

Obviously, not having Xay is a real set back. Hope he's able to get right. Also adds pressure to CT to go deep in that Sat (2nd) slot to allow bullpen to get rested for the Roedig day.

I think CT only went 80 pitches yesterday, so he should be good to Monty Python rip his arms off if need be.

Who do you think we’ll use as our 4th starter for Mercer?

Deleted member 2897

Looks like they didn’t read my McCann scouting report.
oU3PftZ.png

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Webb and McCann missed a pop fly to end third. Ouch. Webb needs a lot of pop fly practice.

3-1 GT B3. Error on Nick???!!!! got them the unearned run.

Going to chat.