Wesley Wells

laoh

Ramblin' Wreck
Maybe Wells was like Jeremy Lin. There weren't much expectations from anyone at first, then he surprised everyone. And got really hot. Now it's that year plus one and things are different. For Wells, after going perfect last season, you can only go down.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Maybe Wells was like Jeremy Lin. There weren't much expectations from anyone at first, then he surprised everyone. And got really hot. Now it's that year plus one and things are different. For Wells, after going perfect last season, you can only go down.

Who is the kicking coach and has he screwed up Wells mechanics?

No idea but even after that bad pat...Wells still has a much better in game record and should be the kicker still. Miss more...then subject to change.

Sean311

Helluva Engineer
This is my hypothesis on Wells.

New coaching staff arrives and has no idea about our kickers.

They see kickers and decide on one.

They will only keep one kicker because this is college football and we need to worry about other positions more.

This said kicker turns out to be terrible and they made the wrong choice.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer

They will only keep one kicker because this is college football and we need to worry about other positions more.

How so? Wells screwed up a PAT.

IM79

Jolly Good Fellow

I thought they gave Wells a scholarship so we have two on ship now?

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
Kickers are a unique bunch. I hated that we went away from Wells because of practice. Maybe something has gone wrong with Wells, but he was in fact perfect last year. You don't mess with a kicker's head like that. We should have played him until he didn't deserve it on the field. Not saying benching him last week was the cause of his bad kick this week, but I am also not saying it wasn't.

yrp

Jolly Good Fellow
Yeah so kicking from both wells and king has been pretty annoying this season. Missing close ones too :/

Frustrating to see

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
Yeah so kicking from both wells and king has been pretty annoying this season. Missing close ones too :/

Frustrating to see

Like I said, kickers are a fickle, mental bunch. I doing think going back and forth and benching Wells helped anything.

GTMom

Ramblin' Wreck
Did Wells miss at all last year? I don’t think so. Coaching staff certainly has messed with his confidence

GTMom

Ramblin' Wreck
My thing is this. If them going with King for a few games messed with Wells enough for him to lose his confidence and become unable to hit 30 yard FGs, he wasn’t the guy to begin with.

So how do you explain 9 for 9 one season and then this?