Wesley Wells deserves his own thread

COJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
This season, a few of Wells' relatives have sat next to us - different folks every game. Uncle, cousin, and this game - his grandma.

When I first sat down, she said 'I might be loud at times if that's alright', which I gladly encouraged her to! She is a super supportive, wonderful sweet lady who is immensely proud of her grandson . Yelled and cheered throughout.

Told her we all like her grandson and to have her thank him for the kicks. And that he needs a scholarship!

Edit add on - his uncle sat there in one of the first games, before Wells' even kicked. Told us his nephews name - Wesley Wells - and that we're going to remember his name. Wasn't wrong!
Love this. Thanks for posting

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Similar to my post about Presley Harvin’s middle name last week, I’m going to propose we shorten Wesley’s name on this board to WfW. You can consider that Wesley Freaking Wells.

This is ridiculous...you don't tell guys like that what they are going to be called. They decide, they let you know of said decision (if they are in a good mood) and you can call them by their chosen name. or not. But you do so at your own peril.;):D
I'm long since past the child rearing thing. But if my next grandkid is a boy, I am going to insist on Calvin Wesley as his given and middle names.

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
This young man from up in Lumpkin County is a super-smart student, and came to Georgia Tech for the education. And he’s a leader, too — he was selected captain on his high school football team.

They just don’t come any better, folks. Plus, as a true freshman, he’s already a star on his Georgia Tech football team.

He has earned it.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
http://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/4363608/wesley-wells

With 2 games left in the season, he has yet to miss a kick of any kind this year.

He doesn't have butker's leg, but having somebody who is reliable on the short stuff is mana from heaven, as far as I am concerned.

This kid makes a BIG difference for this team, because he changes CPJ's decision making processes. He doesn't have to be recklessly aggressive on third and long from the 25 and in anymore, because a FG attempt is a valid, desirable outcome. This game could EASILY have been lost with a kicker that CPJ didn't trust.

What is his longest kick this year? The one last week was what? 45 yards or so? He seems to get the ball up quickly I noticed. Coach Johnson says he has "ice water in his veins" Good enough for me. He has earned a scholarship for sure.